collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 628
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Interpreter required - you listening, John Bull?  (Read 3649 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Interpreter required - you listening, John Bull?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2007, 02:26:35 AM »
Don't forget, Dare, Bernie hates that most obscene of "F" words:

"FREE"

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2007, 09:59:58 AM »
That's how he sees it and he's the boss, and everyone sucks up to him.

The ones I don't understand are the manufacturers - Mercedes, BMW, Honda, the lot. Any exposure on film is good for them yet they just take it all like little school kids saying "yes sir" to teacher.

I thought they were made of sterner stuff.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2007, 11:50:27 AM »
It may be that they are indeed made of sterner stuff, John.  Note that the two other current threads in this section deal with the reinstatement of the French GP at Magny-Cours until 2009; why do you think Bernie has climbed down over that one?  I don't think you'd have to look very hard before finding the manufacturers behind it, certainly Renault for a start.

And that's a good sign.  Expect to see a USGP for 2008 announced shortly.  Of course, it might not be in Indianapolis but, looking at the altered circuit for MotoGP, that can only be a good thing.

Unfortunately, I don't think the manufacturers care about YouTube and videos; it will be a long time before they wake up to the marketing potential there.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2007, 12:02:09 PM »
It may be that they are indeed made of sterner stuff, John.  Note that the two other current threads in this section deal with the reinstatement of the French GP at Magny-Cours until 2009; why do you think Bernie has climbed down over that one?  I don't think you'd have to look very hard before finding the manufacturers behind it, certainly Renault for a start.

And that's a good sign.  Expect to see a USGP for 2008 announced shortly.  Of course, it might not be in Indianapolis but, looking at the altered circuit for MotoGP, that can only be a good thing.

Unfortunately, I don't think the manufacturers care about YouTube and videos; it will be a long time before they wake up to the marketing potential there.

I had the same thought about the USGP, Chameleon. I think, if it does come back, it will have to be at Indy. Quite frankly, no one else over here wants it.

As far as You Tube, it is becoming mainstream very quickly over here. Monday night's Presidential candidates' debate was done totally with video questions that average people posted on You Tube. The next one will use the same format.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2007, 12:12:47 PM »
The reason I mentioned the possibility of a USGP in a place other than Indy, Cozzie, was that Bernie was hopeful of a GP in Las Vegas and was also known to be talking to Denver about a GP there.  Both are awful ideas but that's never held Bernie back as long as the money is right.

But you're probably right; there is precious little time left to organize a new GP and Bernie will have to go crawling back to Tony George.  That would be the best solution (until they can get Laguna Seca on the calendar) as long as they don't use the new MotoGP section and continue to include the banked turn.

And I hope you're right about YouTube too...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2007, 12:31:25 PM »
Las Vegas doesn't want F1. They already have NASCAR and Champ Car, both of which are far bigger draws over here.

Far cheaper, too.

Laguna Seca has the old "out in the middle of nowhere" problem that it's always had. That's why Moto GP put a race at Indy as quickly as they could, in spite of its long history with L-S. To most people over here, there are two race tracks: Indy and Daytona. And Daytona is always second.

Unfortunatly, I think the only other venue that might try to land the race here is the new Miller Motorsports Park outside of Salt Lake City, Utah. It's a brand new facility that even built F1 garages during the construction of the track.
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2007, 12:46:31 PM »
At the moment, I think it's important that the US has a GP somewhere next year.  No matter what Bernie may think of the marketing done (or not done) by Tony George, the fact is that F1 has succeeded in building a core of support in the States and that must not be lost.  Even Utah would do as a stop-gap measure.

SpeedTV has been hugely influential in helping to grow a base of F1 support.  Their coverage is excellent (especially in comparison to ITV's in the UK) and the SpeedTV website is a model of in-depth information and up-to-the-minute news.  Note that it has been SpeedTV that has provided all the latest news on Scott's little drama with STR.  It would be insane to waste the good work done by this broadcaster and so Bernie must arrange for a USGP next year or I, personally, will take out a contract on him...  ;)

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2007, 08:37:51 AM »
Hehehe, FOM just can't stop it, can they?  ;)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2007, 09:50:46 AM »
OK. Here's what I got of the conversation between Massa and Alonso.

I couldn't make out what Nando said first but it was clearly just a wind up. I understood it better on the original broadcast. Nando simply implied that despite Massa's tactics he had won.

Massa's answer is to the effect that: "you carry on winning like that. You have alot to learn."

Strange words coming from someone who has yet to come anywhere near winning a WC to a guy that has already won 2.

Ron's bit in English is clearer:  "Ignore it all. It was a great win."
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline f1box

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2007, 12:38:06 PM »
That would be the best solution (until they can get Laguna Seca on the calendar) .....

Yes please - f1 cars tackling 'the corkscrew'!

David
"Racing is life ....... everything before and after is just waiting"

www.f1box.co.uk - independent motorsport memorabilia retailer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle