collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 573
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Eddie warns Hamilton. Do we have the makings of a Hamilton Sacking.....  (Read 4062 times)

Offline Monty

Re: Eddie warns Hamilton. Do we have the makings of a Hamilton Sacking.....
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2007, 09:14:12 AM »
Monty ! I would presume that you will have the benefit of the same information as we have. If you notice the video Ron throws his headgear in disgust after a conversation with Hamilton. Mclaren have clearly stated that Hamilton has disregarded the team orders.
As to Alonso not being close enough, this is not a race but qualifying.
Guess you are just giving a different spin or being exposed to a different spin. Knowing Ron dennis public personae, I don't think he will take lightly to disobedience in front of camera's assuming that LH didn't abuse Ron.
Lets wait it out. It is also nothing compared to the fortune Mclaren have to dish out if they let Alonso go.

I'm not pro-Hamilton. I'm trying to understand how the story has got blown up. I thought the aledged expletives were exchanged when the team wanted Hamilton to let Alonso past. Ron threw his headset down after Hamilton had failed to set his last quali time because he had been held up in the pit. He then nearly dragged Alonso's trainer towards the garage suggesting that he wanted to have 'words' with Alonso.
The point about Alonso not being close enough to overtake came from within McLaren (not direct to me hence my comment about an extended grapevine). The view was that if Hamilton made it too easy for Alonso to overtake then Kimi would slip through at the same time compromising Hamilton's plans to find clear track for his run. As it was, Hamilton cleared off and didn't affect Alonso's run at all. However, Alonso still spat his dummy out bitching that Hamilton hadn't played the 'number two' role. The insiders were suggesting that this is all about Alonso trying to ensure he is given number one position in the team.
I'm not putting any spin on the story. Raindancer, unless you know something different, you seem to have taken what the press has said as gospel and that was my point. I would guess about 5 people in the world really know what went on and they are not likely to spill the beans. But this doesn't stop ludicrous statements being made like 'do we have the makings of a Hamilton sacking'.

Offline romephius

« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2007, 03:57:11 PM »
Well Monty, I tend to make a point of not getting involved in wild speculation about these sorts of things, but, I have to agree with your final point that none of us truly know what was said and who did exactly what, I truly find it annoying that the speculation has become so grandiose that now massively inflamatory headlines are made from nothing more than hot air......

As always i could be wrong....But that is my ramble for this thread.

Rom :stop:

Offline johnbull

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2007, 04:36:33 PM »
I formed the impression right away that the situation was as described above by Monti. I did think Ron was narked because LH didn't manage to get that last lap in. Same when he grabbed Alonso's trainer and wrenched the headphones off his head, and the trainers "hand up" reaction, as though, don't blame me, I know nothing about it.

The story changed completely when the FIA stuck their foot in it. Suddenly Ron was seeing the possible loss of Constructor's championship points, aand his 1, 2 on the grid disappearing, and had to take a different line of defense.

But like both Monti and Rom have already said, we will never know.

As for who will be at Macca next season, I think that will depend on how many more similar rows we get. Certainly the present problem will all be forgotten in a few months time.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2007, 04:48:05 PM »
Isn't it amazing that so many different stories about "what really happened" have been all over the press. When I first saw it on TV during quali, I though Dennis was upset about Alonso's failure to leave the pit box. I guess we'll all have to wait until Ron retires and writes a tell-all biography.

Cos
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2007, 05:30:55 PM »
Speaking of Eddies, I read where Eddie Irvine's favorite driver, Eddie Irvine, has made a public statement about Hamilton's actions during quali. Nobody really cared what Eddie Irvine said, except for Eddie Irvine. :nono:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2007, 05:41:32 PM »
Irv the Swerve is always good for a laugh...   :DD
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline raindancer

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2007, 06:30:06 PM »
Monty ! I would presume that you will have the benefit of the same information as we have. If you notice the video Ron throws his headgear in disgust after a conversation with Hamilton. Mclaren have clearly stated that Hamilton has disregarded the team orders.
As to Alonso not being close enough, this is not a race but qualifying.
Guess you are just giving a different spin or being exposed to a different spin. Knowing Ron dennis public personae, I don't think he will take lightly to disobedience in front of camera's assuming that LH didn't abuse Ron.
Lets wait it out. It is also nothing compared to the fortune Mclaren have to dish out if they let Alonso go.

I'm not pro-Hamilton. I'm trying to understand how the story has got blown up. I thought the aledged expletives were exchanged when the team wanted Hamilton to let Alonso past. Ron threw his headset down after Hamilton had failed to set his last quali time because he had been held up in the pit. He then nearly dragged Alonso's trainer towards the garage suggesting that he wanted to have 'words' with Alonso.
The point about Alonso not being close enough to overtake came from within McLaren (not direct to me hence my comment about an extended grapevine). The view was that if Hamilton made it too easy for Alonso to overtake then Kimi would slip through at the same time compromising Hamilton's plans to find clear track for his run. As it was, Hamilton cleared off and didn't affect Alonso's run at all. However, Alonso still spat his dummy out bitching that Hamilton hadn't played the 'number two' role. The insiders were suggesting that this is all about Alonso trying to ensure he is given number one position in the team.
I'm not putting any spin on the story. Raindancer, unless you know something different, you seem to have taken what the press has said as gospel and that was my point. I would guess about 5 people in the world really know what went on and they are not likely to spill the beans. But this doesn't stop ludicrous statements being made like 'do we have the makings of a Hamilton sacking'.[/shadow]
Not really ! I am only harping on LH disobedience and its ramifications for a corporate team like Mclaren. I don't know the truth and actually don't care. Its about a paid employee disobedience in front of the world cameras.
If I was a corporate and I had an employee disobey a direct order, I would be very very wary of the Gentleman in question. That is where I was leading. Extreme statements are not very good Monty.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle