collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 564
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Eddie warns Hamilton. Do we have the makings of a Hamilton Sacking.....  (Read 4063 times)

Offline raindancer

Eddie Jordan has warned Lewis Hamilton against the pitfalls of becoming embroiled in a feud with Fernando Alonso.

The former F1 team boss wants the Championship leader to tread carefully within the McLaren team and avoid conflict.

"It's magic what's happening, but he has to be very careful he doesn't get too political," Jordan told BBC Sport.

"He has to be careful he doesn't say too much that ostracises him or puts him in a position where team boss Ron Dennis has to make a choice."

Despite the feud within the Woking team, the Irishman believes that the 22-year-old has benefited from having Fernando Alonso as a team-mate.

"I believe McLaren is giving him a car that's good enough because of what Alonso has brought to the team," explained Jordan.

"So whether he likes to believe it or not, Hamilton has a benefit from Alonso being in the team.

"Alonso does feel ostracised. He feels all the team, initially anyway, was going for Hamilton. He was the big story.

"[Hamilton] is playing the media brilliantly, and driving like a champion - at this moment, you'd have to say Hamilton deserves to be world champion.

"He's done everything brilliantly, he just has to be careful."

Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Monty

Re: Eddie warns Hamilton. Do we have the makings of a Hamilton Sacking.....
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2007, 01:46:18 PM »
I'm amazed by how many people feel qualified to voice strong opinions and advice on this subject. Through an extended grapevine I have heard that relatively senior people at McLaren are astonished by the miss-information. They say that there was no shouting and swearing over the radio and that Ron took Lewis behind closed doors to 'have a word' so nobody knows what was said. Clearly everyone knew that Ron was annoyed that Lewis had ignored several instructions to let Alonso pass him and Hamilton immediately apologised to everyone after his 'discussion' with Ron. I'm also told that some of the top race engineers in the team realised that Alonso wasn't close enough to overtake Hamilton and some believe Alonso engineered the rift by deliberately not overtaking!
There is no way McLaren will sack Hamilton. They have spent a fortune bringing him to the level he has acheived. They will keep him while he is 'cheap' and they will push him and Alonso to 'get on with the job'. In past years Ron Dennis has handled more conflict than this within the team and he certainly won't be making any knee jerk reactions. I just wish the team would make clearer statements. Their long winded, woolly statements always leave more questions than they provide answers.
On a personal note I think they should sack Alonso (might cause a bit of a problem with Santander) and get Button. An all British team with real chances of winning, that hasn't happened for a long, long time!

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2007, 04:19:20 PM »
Interesting, Monty.  I couldn't believe the report of Hamilton swearing over the radio at first but then it became so universally accepted that I thought it must be true.  Where do you think the story originated?
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline raindancer

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2007, 05:04:44 PM »
Monty ! I would presume that you will have the benefit of the same information as we have. If you notice the video Ron throws his headgear in disgust after a conversation with Hamilton. Mclaren have clearly stated that Hamilton has disregarded the team orders.
As to Alonso not being close enough, this is not a race but qualifying.
Guess you are just giving a different spin or being exposed to a different spin. Knowing Ron dennis public personae, I don't think he will take lightly to disobedience in front of camera's assuming that LH didn't abuse Ron.
Lets wait it out. It is also nothing compared to the fortune Mclaren have to dish out if they let Alonso go.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2007, 05:34:24 PM »
I have to admit that the exact wording of the alleged LH/Dennis exchange (come on, at what point did, "You swivel" become a coherent insult?) but assumed (perhaps wrongly) that Hamilton had said something inadvisable to trigger Ron Dennis throwing his handset in disgust.

I thought EJ gave quite a sensible piece of advice to Hamilton. He is doing well, but this is going to be one tricky month - especially after events in Hungary...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2007, 06:01:20 PM »
E J, despite his "rock and roll" appearance, has always been very moderate and measured in what he says.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2007, 08:05:48 PM »
So, as usual, we just don't know what the truth is and have to make up our minds based upon our own suspicions.  One thing I do think Monty is right about, however, is that there are far too many of these "experts" always willing to spout their opinions when they really don't know any more than we do.  In the end, do we really care what EJ or Damon Hill or even Jackie Stewart thinks about it?  It's Ron Dennis' opinion that counts.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2007, 08:43:19 PM »
In the end, do we really care what EJ or Damon Hill or even Jackie Stewart thinks about it?  It's Ron Dennis' opinion that counts.
And yours. And mine. ;)
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline johnbull

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2007, 08:44:03 PM »
So, as usual, we just don't know what the truth is and have to make up our minds based upon our own suspicions.  One thing I do think Monty is right about, however, is that there are far too many of these "experts" always willing to spout their opinions when they really don't know any more than we do.  In the end, do we really care what EJ or Damon Hill or even Jackie Stewart thinks about it?  It's Ron Dennis' opinion that counts.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2007, 08:53:57 PM »
That second posting looks suspiciously like a movable aerodynamic device to me, John...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2007, 09:12:57 PM »
That second posting looks suspiciously like a movable aerodynamic device to me, John...

Don't know what happened. :-[ :-[ :-[ Slight glitch somewhere!!!!!!!!!!

Blame it on pit babe 191. :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2007, 09:43:29 PM »
Hmmmm, your pit crew seem to be particularly well endow..., I mean trained, John...

The Stig

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2007, 12:46:55 AM »
Both Hamilton and Alonso, will be in the same Team next Year!

Stig.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2007, 02:03:39 AM »
I agree, Stig.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 08:39:57 AM »
I think it will depend on who wins the WDC. Any bets on that ?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle