collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 536
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Mosley Responds to Penalty Criticism  (Read 598 times)

Offline romephius

Mosley Responds to Penalty Criticism
« on: September 16, 2007, 11:16:02 AM »
FIA President Max Mosley responded to criticism of the fine levied at McLaren by issuing a press release on Saturday evening outlining his views on the matter. This is what he had to say:

“Our investigation had nothing to do with questions of personality and everything to do with sporting fairness. The interests of Formula 1 have not been helped by comments in the press from would-be experts who questioned the motives of the investigation without waiting for the evidence. We will adopt a similar approach to any such matters which are
brought to our attention in the future.

“One hundred million dollars is a large sum of money, but in such a serious case any fine has to be large enough to deter similar behavior in the future whilst remaining proportionate to the resources of the team.

“Just over half the money from this fine will go to the competing Formula 1 teams. Each competing team will move up one place, with McLaren now taking 11th position in this year's Championship.

“The World Motor Sport Council will be invited to distribute the remainder to the FIA's national sporting authorities world-wide for them to spend on helping young drivers to progress in circuit racing and rallies. This will be the first time the FIA has had such a budget available.

“The FIA is very disappointed that Fernando Alonso and Pedro de la Rosa have been criticized in the press. They had no choice but to make available the information in their possession. It is up to every team to ensure that the rules of sporting fairness are respected. No driver should be put in the position in which Fernando and Pedro found
themselves.

“For the avoidance of doubt, Ron Dennis told me on the Sunday of the Hungarian Grand Prix that notwithstanding an exchange with Fernando Alonso, there was no information held by anyone within the McLaren team which might cast doubt on the World Motor Sport Council decision of 26th July. He confirmed to me this afternoon that he did indeed say this and I entirely accept that he believed it to be true at that time.”

Source: www.speedtv.com

Well, I personally believe this press release...Hopefully we can start to let this whole saga go and focus on once again enjoying the racing.  :DntKnw:

Rom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle