collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 226
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16166 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12999 Posts
John S John S
11281 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso  (Read 2293 times)

Offline Ian

Alonso
« on: September 23, 2007, 07:16:50 AM »
Oh dear, reports say Alonso going to Ferrari to replace Massa. Rosberg's favourite to replace him, why not Button. I hope Kimi kicks his ar*e. My mother in law is going to go apesh*t

An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline romephius

Re: Alonso
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2007, 07:20:52 AM »
I don't know why Ferrari would want him....he has no loyalty to the team....only to himself...I wouldn't hire him to drive a taxi....

Rom

Offline johnbull

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2007, 08:07:12 AM »
I agree Rom. There are other qualities I would require of a driver, rather than just speed.

And team spirit come high on my list.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2007, 10:54:46 AM »
Rosberg would be a fool to go to McLaren currently.  McLaren need a number 2 driver, not a repeat of this season where one driver will end up disgruntled.  Of course, I am not at all biased in saying I want Nico to stay with Williams next year  :D 

Button has been mentioned for the McLaren seat, I would like to see that as I think he'd just be pleased to leave Honda behind.  Also an all British line-up would surely be a huge pull for the team. 

As for Alonso, he and Ferrari are well suited with their apparent win at all costs attitudes. 

Offline romephius

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2007, 12:58:21 PM »
Button has too big of an ego to play well with Hamilton.....he still thinks he deserves to win the WDC.....I would prefer to see what Webber could do with a top team, he is able to just drive without the politics and also he is capable of making more of a car that isn't quite upto the task....Button isn't.

But of course I could be wrong and this is my humble opinion.

Rom

FW14B

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2007, 05:46:35 PM »
Webber is a good call for McLaren, I quite like him as a driver.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2007, 05:49:35 PM »
Alonso is unhappy at McLaren because they won't give him unequivocal number one status.  So Kimi is going to be number 2??  Don't think so.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2007, 07:13:26 PM »
Fine, let Alonso go to Ferrari (I still don't believe he will - it'll be Renault).  They deserve each other.  The team are headed for the old days of political in-fighting anyway and the car will get progressively worse in the years to come.  Then we might be able to like Ferrari again.

But for the spare McLaren seat, I think it should be Gary Paffett's.  He's earned it and the others mentioned already have drives.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2007, 08:41:57 PM »
I have a gut feeling Ron has learnt a bit of a lesson from recent weeks.

Paffett would be perfect.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline raindancer

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2007, 08:48:45 PM »
I don't know where this came from ! But Alonso is not going to leave Mclaren on his own. The financial benefits and consequently the losses are too huge. It will cost Mclaren approximately $ 20 M to get rid of Alonso and Alonso around $ 14 M according to a respected financial analyst. Similarly Button would have to pay upwards of $ 7M to get out of his Honda Contract. ( We are all forgetting the JB is making a Ton of money in an underperforming car) Nico can't get out from Williams unto FW agrees and releases him.
Sutil can't get out of his contract with Spyker without a huge financial burden.
Gentlemen this is the reality Check.
It is only Massa who needs a renewal but with his performance this season , he is most likely going to get it.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2007, 10:07:45 PM »
Similarly Button would have to pay upwards of $ 7M to get out of his Honda Contract. ( We are all forgetting the JB is making a Ton of money in an underperforming car) Nico can't get out from Williams unto FW agrees and releases him.

Who, me?  :fool: :fool: :fool:
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2007, 06:31:56 PM »
I agree with Raindancer that this is all pie-in-the-sky speculation, but that's why they call it The Silly Season.

I'd love to see Webber or Trulli end up at McLaren. As for Ferd, I can think of several teams I'd like to see him end up at- Arrows, Prost, Ligier, Ensign.....
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2007, 09:20:57 PM »
Nando has certainly done his image a load of no good in recent months.

Perhaps it's time to change his manager ----- or his mouth.
Joe M. Anastasi.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2007, 07:38:04 AM »
Rosberg would be a fool to go to McLaren currently.  McLaren need a number 2 driver, not a repeat of this season where one driver will end up disgruntled. 

I don't think McLaren's problem was two equal drivers, but more that one of those drivers didn't like the equality.  I don't think Rosberg would have an issue with status.  He would let his driving do the talking for sure.  But I'm not so sure Rosberg would have the speed necessary.  It would be a much better pairing than now though.

Button is the new DC - he won't make it back to a top team, and his reputation isn't exactly pristine don't forget...quite a few team principals surely struck him off their want list with all the garbage he put Honda and Williams through.  Hari-Kari Jens.  Ya did it to yourself.  Hopefully he'll just sit back and enjoy being the experienced team-mate on a mid-pack team, because that's where he'll most likely stay.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2007, 08:28:39 AM »
I think that if you have two fast drivers competing you will end up with one disgruntled, at least, you will if either driver has any aspiration for winning regularly.  Nico is used to being number one at Williams, going to McLaren not only would he be new, he'd also be replacing Alonso and know that he'd be second favourite to Lewis.  Not Lewis' fault, but would Nico want that yet?  I am not so sure.  Nico certainly has the pace, you don't put the Williams consistently in the points (sadly) unless you are a very fast driver. 
Undoubtedly Nico and Hamilton would be a more stable driver pairing, but I just do not believe a driver who is used to being number 1 would want to be put in such a potentially awkward situation as would be the case at McLaren. 
Button I do believe is slightly under-rated, sure he had his moments of stupidity- he irritated no one more than myself since I am a Williams fan, but I think he would be ideal for McLaren.  Good image, fairly fast, and would settle for a seat as he would think it is his chance to race at the top and his chance to try to make himself British number 1 (however unlikely we all know it is!)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle