collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 209
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16175 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13015 Posts
John S John S
11291 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Massa to leave Ferrari?  (Read 1009 times)

Offline Wizzo

Massa to leave Ferrari?
« on: September 24, 2007, 11:11:58 AM »

According to the Daily Mail, Massa is beginning to devise an exit strategy. The report indicates that he has opened up negotiations with Toyota to replace Ralf Schumacher. Massa's exit from Ferrari may be the perfect escape route for the vitual McLaren outcast Alonso.

Massa is acutely aware that if Jean Todt, as expected, loses an impending internal power struggle within Ferrari, he will be instantly vulnerable as he is managed by the Frenchman's son, Nicholas.

And Alonso, surely, would relish nothing better than to end his unhappy days at McLaren, where he is in permanent dispute with Hamilton, and not on speaking terms with team principal Ron Dennis, by announcing that he is to switch his allegiance for 2008 to the enemy camp.

One stumbling block exists, however. Would Ferrari be willing to buy out the remainder of Alonso's contract with McLaren, believed to be worth at least £10 million?

Alonso's position within McLaren is untenable beyond the last three races, but neither the Spaniard nor Dennis will want to yield in what will be potentially explosive negotiations once the season ends in Brazil next month.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

Re: Massa to leave Ferrari?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 05:51:04 PM »
Another stumbling block I see in Alonso moving to Ferrari would be Kimi. I don't know if he wants to jump into another situation where he isn't the obvious #1 driver. I just hope that Massa ends up in a competitive car. He's proved himself worthy of a good ride.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 06:00:01 PM »
The one thing Alonso must have learned over the last two seasons is that the FIA will always make it easier for Ferrari to win than anyone else.  So he has the choice of Raikkonen as a team mate in the team where Max will assist him or he can stay at McLaren and compete against Hamilton with a year's GP experience or he can have an uncompetitive car elsewhere.  Considering he controlled the driver market a year ago he has managed to get himself in a right mess.

I still can't figure out who will get the second McLaren.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 06:08:29 PM »
I don't think there's any chance that Massa could end up at McLaren. That would just be asking for another action by Ferrari. I'd love to see Webber or Trulli get a shot at it.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2007, 06:11:33 PM »
It's about time (Massa leaving Ferrari that is), however I would hope that the cost of the buyout is increased once Ron finds out it is Ferrari that wants him...maybe $100m or so?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2007, 09:16:24 PM »
Putting myself momentarily in Alonso's thinking cap, I'd rather go to Renault where I know I'm going to be the prima donna - undisputed, rather than Ferrari where Kimi may just give me a hard time.

Hamilton has tried to be nice to Alonso, but I doubt Kimi would bother with nicetys.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2007, 09:53:28 PM »
I am not sure about that.  At Ferrari he is more likely to get a competitive car and he is going to have the benefit of Ferrari International Assistance.  He also must believe he will win this year's championship and he would then go to Ferrari with the possibility of being the first driver since Fangio to win championships with three different teams.

Or he can go to Renault have less chance of a competitive car and a fight with the FIA if he is at all competitive.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle