collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 154
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'Honda ready to dump Barrichello'  (Read 1060 times)

Offline Dare

'Honda ready to dump Barrichello'
« on: October 31, 2007, 12:14:29 AM »
'Honda ready to dump Barrichello'
Tuesday 30th October 2007

According to reports, Honda are preparing to relegate the 'past-it' Rubens Barrichello to their 'B-team' Super Aguri next season.

Although the Brazilian has a contract with the Brackley outfit for the 2008 season, F1 Racing Magazine claims that the team has lost faith in the 35-year-old after he was comprehensively out-raced by Jenson Button during the second half of the 2007 campaign.

The magazine cites Barrichello's undistinguished performance in China - where he finished in 15th place, ten positions behind Button - as being the breaking point in their relationship. It claims that 'the team's engineers, in particular, have become frustrated by what they see as a lack of effort on their driver's part' and quotes one mechanic grumbling in Shanghai, "We think he got scared. It's about time he retired, isn't it?"

Confidence in Barrichello has also reputedly dried up amongst the team's hierarchy.

'Many F1 insiders now feel that, like fellow veterans Alex Wurz, Ralf Schumacher and Giancarlo Fisichella, Rubens has passed his sell-by date. What's new is that many Honda insiders now feel the same way,' the magazine reports.

'There is a growing faction within Honda that favours relegating Barrichello to Super Aguri for 2008. Crucially, Rubens no longer has the support within Honda of his friend and countryman Gil de Ferran, who resigned as sporting director in July of this year. Why else, pray, was the Interlagos paddock awash with rumours that Fry was actively re-engaging in the '08 driver market?

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Andy B

Re: 'Honda ready to dump Barrichello'
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 08:48:46 AM »
Your only as good as your last result and with the season over its a telling tale. RB has not consistantly beaten JB sinse joining Honda so if they wish to be an upper team next your they need someone to push JB and put points on the board.
I dont think I waould miss him I still think of him as MS's No2.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 10:08:28 AM »
I bet he wishes they had put him in Super Aguri this season.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 01:39:04 PM »
I bet he wishes they had put him in Super Aguri this season.

sound thinking SR - HONDA is a b sick team, perhaps the very worst in F1 and instead of dumping RB who is a very talented driver they should really fire everyone of the incompetent twits who produced the 'dog' of all the 2007 F1 cars

who the hell could get motivated in driving the barge that was the HONDA this year!

great image and liverie though

typical gutless management who can not admit their incompetence but shaft a good driver as their scapegoat

i have nothing but contempt for their screwed up organisational structures which appoint top end Japanese managers over European racing know how

until this fundamental weakness is addressed HONDA have a snowflakes chance in hell in performing at the top level

sorry for the rant but JB and RB are better off elsewhere

they simply are far better than the disaster they were expected to drive competively 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 02:56:47 PM »
I just hope that Super Aguri doesn't end up with that piece of cr*p car next year.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline romephius

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 08:57:22 PM »
Personally I prefer to think it's a case of revering the names in the title...... and every sane person would back Reubens up on his descision

Rom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle