collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 543
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie Blabs Again!  (Read 1313 times)

Offline cosworth151

Bernie Blabs Again!
« on: November 28, 2007, 01:47:20 PM »
Bernie the Bad has been running his mouth again. Since the "interview" is on the official F1 website, I assume he hand picked the questions himself. He blows off about moving races out of Europe and the US, about penelizing McLaren next year and other drival:

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews/2007/11/7142.html

I do agree with what he says about Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel.

Everytime the Evil Troll opens his pie-hole, I'm reminded of something that Dom DeLouise said in the film "Cannonball Run":

"From the mouths of a**holes often comes sh!t!"

Cos

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Bernie Blabs Again!
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 02:15:38 PM »
Some very strange stuff

The questioner asks Bernie if he will allow customer teams.  What right has Bernie to decide that?

If as Bernie says the manufacturers are deciding where the races are to be based on their markets why are we having a race in Singapore (population 6) in the middle of the night and not at Indy or another US track?

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2007, 03:17:29 PM »
I like his comment on the spying...Ron should have just called up Jean and figured out things among themselves.  First of all, by all accounts, Ron didn't have a clue what was going on until Alonzo told him (maybe his fault, maybe not), and secondly, I think if Jean received such a call, his first call after he hung up would have been his trusty deputy, Max.  Then we would have been just where we were...

And how is a 'mountain of drawings' not worse than finding out things like moveable floors and such?  Renault is in serious doo-doo, or the FIA will have to hand back any money Ron may have already forwarded to them.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2007, 04:26:53 PM »
Classic Bernie. Set up a question session so he can lecture the world on what he wants to say.
The only thing that hooked me was his comments about how Ferrari treated Michael as a clear number 1 (as we all recognised). Yet Ferrari still insist they have always treated their drivers equally!!!

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 05:46:21 PM »
Bernie can't take any other line on that.  His number 2 drivers at Brabham include some who were underqualified by a long way.  His attitude was that Piquet was so good that he would put someone with a big cheque in the second car to help pay for things. 

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 06:12:19 PM »
I like how he says for F1 o have any impact
in America we need 8 races,would have been
better if he explained why he took away our one
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 04:25:30 PM »
Strictly speaking, Singapore has a population of 3,654,103, which is over 100 times that of Monaco (33,443). Yet we have a race in Monaco. But I agree with the gist of what Steven says, in that the market isn't deciding where Bernie puts his races. Bernie's pocket is.

Bernie's team did have some less-than-stellar drivers in it (Ricardo Zunino and François Hesnault, anyone?) so I can see what dare means about his position on customer cars being a tad compromised.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 05:17:15 PM »
I forgot about Zunino but Frankie Hesnault was exactly who I was thinking about when I mentioned Bernie's underqualified number twos

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2007, 11:00:21 PM »
Strictly speaking, Singapore has a population of 3,654,103, which is over 100 times that of Monaco (33,443). Yet we have a race in Monaco.

The population of the United States is 301,139,947, and yet we don't have a race in the U.S. It's all a matter of who slips The Evil Troll the biggest pot of gold. And yet he still spouts off about "the integrity of the sport." This guy's got more nerve than a bad tooth.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 09:15:54 AM »
Bernies pocket is definitely the biggest motivation for where races go but I think there is another problem for F1 in the USA. You already have a couple of open wheel classes that provide fast racing with plenty of wheel banging, overtaking, drifting, fist waving and even the odd pit lane punch-ups. F1 just can't compete.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle