collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 531
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Ralf and Fisi should go  (Read 1229 times)

Offline Wizzo

Ralf and Fisi should go
« on: November 28, 2007, 07:08:40 PM »
Bernie Ecclestone has advised Ralf Schumacher and Giancarlo Fisichella to quit Formula 1 rather than push for an uncompetitive seat at the Force India team in 2008.

Silverstone based Force India, bought and renamed recently by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, announced on Wednesday that the beleaguered duo are set to drive at the upcoming Jerez test.

Also pushing for the vacant seat for next year are Christian Klien, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Franck Montagny, Roldan Rodriguez and Giedo van der Garde, who will all also drive at the last test of 2007 in Spain.

But Ecclestone advises Schumacher and Fisichella to now leave the sport to up and coming racers.

"Both were at decent teams for some time when they should have been doing better jobs," the Briton told the German magazine Auto Motor und Sport.

"They should think about whether it is intelligent to change to small teams," he added.

Ecclestone made it particularly clear that he does not rate Fisichella, who revealed on Wednesday that he has been given "permission" by Renault to explore other options for the 2008 season.

"Look at Renault," Bernie continued. "If in 2005 and 2006 they would have had only Fisichella in the team, they would not have known that they had a car good enough to win the championship."

Schumacher, meanwhile - and also Frenchman Montagny - know Force India owner Mallya through the Indian's sponsorship of the Toyota team this year with his Kingfisher brand.

"For any driver, driving for a young dynamic team with high ambitions is a good opportunity, but at the moment it is just one test to see how we get on working together, and whether this is possible," the German, 32, said on Wednesday.

"I think I can help the team with its development programme but we will see," he added.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

Re: Ralf and Fisi should go
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2007, 07:28:43 PM »
Gee, who's it gonna be?  Gascoyne or Ralfie boy? 

Yeah, me too.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Online cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2007, 01:46:34 AM »
Let me be sure I read this correctly - Bernie is telling somebody ELSE that they are past their prime and should leave F1? He should be back hawking used cars.

"Look at Renault," Bernie continued. "If in 2005 and 2006 they would have had only Fisichella in the team, they would not have known that they had a car good enough to win the championship."

Look at McLaren. If in 2007 they would have had Fisicella instead of Ferd, they would have won the championship.

I hope Fisi does go to McLaren and kicks Ferd's backside!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline jontywilliams

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2007, 09:31:14 AM »
This is madness. If Fisi had been in the Mclaren last season Ferrari would have scored more points. He would never have got ahead of them anywhere.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2007, 04:10:34 PM »
I think what he's trying to say is that Fisi would have been a great #2 to Hamilton, which is probably true, allowing Hamilton more points, and hence the championship.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2007, 04:41:06 PM »
Plus McLaren's intra-team situation wouldn't have fallen to bits. And I seem to remember we are talking about the same driver who Michael Schumacher underestimated twice at critical points of the 2006 championship (Hungary and Brazil), both times resulting in Schumi making uncharacteristic overtaking errors and thus taking points away from Ferrari. Even now, hiring Fisi would be a smart move for McLaren's championship chances.

That said, it would also be good to see him do a Coulthard and take Force India up the grid, as much to show Bernie the error of his thinking as because I am a Force India fan and am sure the combination would work. (Ralf and Force India would be a bad combination, simply because Mke Gascoyne won't work in the same team as Ralf, and he'd take too many good staff members with him).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Online cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 11:10:07 PM »
ScottyD and Ali are both right. I think that the damage Alonso did to McLaren far outweighed the good. I don't think that would have been the case with Fisicella. I think Fisi might be the best fit of all the available drivers for McLaren next season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Monty

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2007, 01:11:41 PM »
Talent is talent. Both Fisi and Ralf have it. However, a mixture of team circumstances and car design have resulted in them not performing as well as others around them. This possibly started a vicious cycle (poor performance creates lack of confidence resulting in loss of motivation causing even more poor performance).
I don't like either of them much but I do accept they are capable of winning races and with the right team around them they may well 'bounce back'. Certainly, Bernie has no right to say the things he said.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle