collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 601
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso to Renault deal done  (Read 4036 times)

Offline Scott

Re: Alonso to Renault deal done
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2007, 01:57:42 PM »
Gee Steven, what forum have you been on for the last 6 months??  The only one...
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2007, 04:06:38 PM »
I, too, liked Alonso up until this year. His behavior at McLaren was deplorable. I wouldn't put up with that kind of thing from my 4 year old grandson, much less a grown man.

I'm looking forwasrd to seeing him taken down a peg or two this coming season.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2007, 04:09:14 PM »
I thought he WAS taken down a few pegs this past season, only apparently Renault wasn't paying much attention.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2007, 03:59:02 AM »
Come to think of it, Rainy has a point.  We really don't like Fernando in this forum, do we?  ;)
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2007, 06:06:30 PM »
I was all for Alonso at the beginning of the year, Rainy.  In fact, right up to about mid-season, I was hoping he'd show Hamilton who was the real driver.

But then he started making nasty comments to the press at every opportunity, implying that he was being unfairly treated, trading on his double championships, whining and moaning like a kid - it was too much and I had to conclude that, great driver that he is, he is also a spoiled brat.

And I don't like spoiled brats.  Sorry.

I subscribe to the old addage "Sticks and Stones etc" and prefer to judge them on their driving ability, after all we follow FI for the racing not the after race press conferance.

It's always been tough in F1 and since when did nice guys ever get offered the best drive.

The F1 drivers have all got skins as tough as old boots or they wouldn't even have got to the grid and I bet most would try the name calling if they could get away with it, or as we have seen in Fernandos case think they can get away with it.

I might agree the Alonso spectacle ain't been pretty, but single mindedness is but a step away from spoilt brat behaviour for all of them.

I for one just want them to get back to competing on the track and not in the garage or in in the press. So I shall be rooting for Alonso to be in third or fourth just as much as in previous years, but will still be able to applaud him if he can take the win.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle