collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso to Renault deal done  (Read 4035 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Alonso to Renault deal done
« on: December 10, 2007, 01:22:49 PM »
http://www.itv-f1.com/News_Article.aspx?PO_ID=41422

Fernando Alonso's personal website says he has signed a deal to go back to Renault.  What a surprise.  Uncle Max and uncle Bernie will be happy.

Offline Chameleon

Re: Alonso to Renault deal done
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 09:04:46 PM »
And who else cares?

Apart from Heikki Kovalainen, of course.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2007, 10:11:24 PM »
And who else cares?

We all all should, you don't get to be a multiple world champ without skill and talent. We all want to see the best cars and the best drivers. Fernando may not be everyones flavour of the month but we still need drivers of his class in F1.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2007, 10:14:55 PM »
Hmmm
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2007, 10:50:59 PM »
I still worry that the driver line-up will randomly explode about halfway into the season over some stupid argument over who's better and splatter the entire top half of the pitlane in goo.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 02:11:33 AM »
Sorry, John, it still doesn't matter to me.  Alonso in a Renault is no different from Alonso in a Force India - no doubt he would drive them both quickly and then throw a tantrum if his team mate beats him.  There isn't room enough in F1 for more than one Alonso - that's why we have the Raikkonens and Hamiltons and Heidfelds.  They have enough "class" to accept it when their team mate beats them and just go faster the next time.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 03:59:01 AM »
I hope someone checks him for computer disks before he heads to France.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2007, 04:02:37 AM »
I hope someone checks him for computer disks before he heads to France.

and cancels his email accounts.I just hope Flavio
gets all he wanted and a little more
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 07:57:18 AM »
Patently obvious now why Renault were given a pat on the head for fraudulent conduct. If only the FIA had one set of rules. I hope Renault do jack sh*t in the coming season. I am also beginning to feel like Sennaman in being fed up with f1.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 10:21:34 AM »
Gee, what a surprise - Renault had a contract already written to keep Alonzo happy and in F1 for 2008...and of course it is no coincident that they received no punishment for a 'crime' much more incriminating than McLaren's.

MAX SHOULD GO!  MAX SHOULD GO!

Hilarious that Renault are suckling Alonzo's every wish - dya think his head will explode with ego this year?  Me too.  Watch for a VERY big helmet in the Renault in Melbourne.

Surprised that Piquet is going to be agreed upon rear-gunner for Alonzo.  Maybe he's going to pull a fast one (and then get beaten down by Flavio mid-season before Alonzo causes Renault to implode).

Oh well, at least the speculation will settle down.  Surprised that Renault thinks Alonzo is worth more than Raikkonen.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
And who else cares?

We all all should, you don't get to be a multiple world champ without skill and talent. We all want to see the best cars and the best drivers. Fernando may not be everyones flavour of the month but we still need drivers of his class in F1.

exactly john S - personally I think he will do well with wily Flavio who seems to know just how to get away with shady and shonky things
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline raindancer

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2007, 05:25:29 PM »
OMG ! This is one hostile forum as far as Alonso goes. Whew  ...........
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2007, 05:35:08 PM »
I am surprised Alonso asked for number one status as two months ago he was at the FIA asking for someone in his pit to make sure there was equality.  In 12 months he has gone from complaining that he only had equality to complaining that he wasn't getting equality to signing up a a number one.  I look forward to Max putting an equality steward in Piquet's pit in Melbourne.

Piquet will sign anything now to get the drive but as soon as he gets behind the wheel all bets are off.  He has seen lewis Hamilton match Alonso and will know that it will not look good for him if he can't do the same.  Piquet snr will be rubbing his hands together.  The blue touch paper has been lit.  Stand well back.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2007, 09:58:30 PM »
I was all for Alonso at the beginning of the year, Rainy.  In fact, right up to about mid-season, I was hoping he'd show Hamilton who was the real driver.

But then he started making nasty comments to the press at every opportunity, implying that he was being unfairly treated, trading on his double championships, whining and moaning like a kid - it was too much and I had to conclude that, great driver that he is, he is also a spoiled brat.

And I don't like spoiled brats.  Sorry.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2007, 09:44:30 AM »
Alonso whining and moaning?

I thought I was the only one who was starting to think he is the modern Mansell. :DD

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle