collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 594
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Only two drinks for parents  (Read 3704 times)

Offline Wizzo

Only two drinks for parents
« on: January 05, 2008, 07:54:02 PM »
Pub chain JD Wetherspoon has banned parents who bring in children from having more than two drinks this is said to be so the kids don’t get bored.

JD Wetherspoon, which runs 683 pubs across the UK, said it did not want youngsters having to spend hours in its bars even if one parent stuck to non-alcoholic drinks. But the rule caused outrage among customers.

Wetherspoon spokesman Eddie Gershon said that “We’re not a children’s pub with an activity centre. It isn’t a wonderful day out for children, spending hours in pubs. Once adults have finished the meal with the child, we’d expect them to leave soon after.”

Laws passed in 2003 allow adults to take kids into pubs but only at the landlord’s discretion.

Why don’t Wetherspoons come up with the same idea other pubs have and that’s have colouring pens and paper that kids can do at the tables.

Anyone else think this is a bad move?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Only two drinks for parents
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2008, 08:46:11 PM »
Even though I have a 10yo son, I am firmly against kids in pubs, a pub is the working man's refuge from kids and wives. It is bad enough that we cannot now smoke in them, lets not have kids running around and knocking drinks over and women talking about all the boring household duties they perform with love. WE DON'T WANT TO HEAR IT.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2008, 08:55:30 PM »
Oh no Ian, think your going a bit far with banning women, I wouldn't have anything to stare at all night long :-[ :D

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 08:57:35 PM »
Women yes Neil, nubile young females, no, never.  :P

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2008, 09:06:18 PM »
I can't win on this site can I :D

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2008, 09:17:46 PM »
Win ? It's the fun of it Neil, do you not agree with me, would you rather see curlers or lovely long blonde hair and a belt round her waist.  :yahoo:

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2008, 09:26:36 PM »
Yeah of course I'd rather look at a nice young lady Ian. Curlers lol I ain't seen anybody with curlers in for donkeys.

Neil.P

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 09:34:41 PM »
I'll send you a picture of the missus then Neil. hehe

Offline Neil.P

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2008, 09:36:04 PM »
Oh stop it

Neil.P

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
If JD Wetherspoons feels so strongly about not entertaining kids, then shouldn't it tell its landlords not to use their discretionary powers to admit children? Surely, as future customers, they should be treated with respect if they are admitted to a pub.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2008, 11:30:17 PM »
Keep kids out of pubs !

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 12:20:38 AM »
In my experience most sane parents would not want their kids in Whetherspoons pubs longer than necessary. Sure the food and drink is budget priced but the atmosphere, ambiance and interiors are not as pleasant for kids as Pizza Hut, Chef & Brewer or Big Steak pubs. The lower beer prices in J D's do attract a boozy adult crowd.

Children are only allowed in Licensed premises to eat anyway so it seems fair for the party or at least the kids to leave after the meal.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 12:29:41 PM »

We don't really have traditional pubs here anymore, you have a choice of the either the restaurant that looks like a pub or the family pub complete with its own restaurant, indoor play area and ball pool!! Why can't kids play outside like we used to?

If I want to go to a pub that has guys chatting around a bar with no kids then I would have to venture about 10miles or so out of town to the nearest quiet village. Strange enough, I would like to live in said village but the house prices are so high because everybody else wants to live there to!

Bring back village life, traditional pubs and local shops I say!
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2008, 04:45:43 PM »
I frequently take my daughter down to the AMVETS. I don't have to give her crayons or paper, though. I usually just get her a double Crown Royal.

By the way, she's 28.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2008, 05:18:08 PM »
Keep kids out of pubs !

You just want to colour in all the drawings yourself!  :D

Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle