collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 542
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: McLaren Launch  (Read 2425 times)

Offline Steven Roy

McLaren Launch
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:45:01 PM »
http://www.mclaren.com/index.php

McLaren have posted the first picture of the MP4/23 along with a press release.

The big news is the car is not red :good:

Photos are (slowly) being published at the link below.
http://www.mclaren.com/mediaroom/launch-photography.php
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 02:00:14 PM by Steven Roy »

FW14B

Re: McLaren Launch
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:00:27 PM »
Longer wheelbase than the predessor though ;)

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2008, 02:52:53 PM »
What's with the McLaren servers...I hope they are slow because the engineers are drawing so much for their 24/7 work on the car...otherwise, maybe they have an FIA virus or something - I've been waiting for one picture to load for more than a few minutes now.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2008, 02:59:43 PM »
I am sure Max is going to be upset when he realises why they have used Kovalainen's number for the launch car and not Lewis's.  His punishment has resulted in Kovalainen's race number being the same as the model number.  Presumably another punishment will follow for using a punishment to advantage.

The McLaren servers are painfully slow.  I guess there must be a lot of people downloading the pics to check for Ferrari bits.

I wonder if the Vodafone logos can be judged to have been taken from Ferrari :D

Offline john f

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2008, 11:37:22 PM »
I still can not find a picture from directly in front.  can I get some direction please.

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2008, 11:46:43 PM »
http://www.gpwizard.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4707.0

GP Wizard has one.

Welcome to the forum.  We are always looking for new posters.  I look forward to reading your opinions. 

Just be careful or the Wiz may end up giving you a job :tease:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2008, 11:48:48 PM by Steven Roy »

Offline john f

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2008, 12:06:01 AM »
Thank you Steven my alter ego is openwheelfan you know me from other blogs.  Thanks for the photo.

Offline john f

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2008, 12:10:32 AM »
Well it looks like it will be fast I only hope that it is successful.  I am really waiting for the BMW.  The Ferrari is the same -- RED.  Actually they both look smoother aerodynamically.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2008, 11:19:30 AM »
I'm afraid these cars are starting to look more like porcupines every day with all those appendages, fins, sharks teeth, horns, antennae sprouting everywhere. All of them, not just the Macca.

I frequent a couple of Italian fora and they are all going bananas with this copying fixation of theirs. Anybody would think copying is something new - they seem to be forgetting that the first team to contract a photographer just to photograph the competition was Ferrari who had a fellow on their pay roll specifically to photograph LOTUS.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2008, 11:56:23 AM »
Welcome to GPWizard, John F. Hope you enjoy contributing to our happy little forum.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2008, 04:18:18 PM »
The next time your on an Italian forum jb ask them if the new Ferrari has a monocoque chassis(copied from the Lotus 25) or if the engine is a stressed member(Lotus 33) or if Ferrari copied using wings etc etc.  If no-one had ever copied anyone else Lotus would hav won the last 30 odd championships. 

What was the last innovation Ferrari came up with?

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2008, 04:22:54 PM »
What was the last innovation Ferrari came up with?

Flex Floors and those funky wheel disks that look like they came from a cheap Majorette die cast toy.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2008, 04:40:00 PM »
The flexi floor was a mass damper which Renault and McLaren and probably others had previously.

So the one thing in its vast glorious history that Ferrari did not copy from someone else is ..... funky wheel discs.  Although if memory serves the Porsche 956/962 had something very similar.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
I've been watching the reactions to the McLaren rollout. It seems that Ron Dennis had a very small part in it. It was the first time they rolled a car out at Mercedes' facility rather than their own. The Evil Dwarf was on hand, too.

This has all fueled rumors that Mercedes is going to buy out the team, Ron is going to retire, Bernie has forgiven them, ect, ect, ect.

I would have loved to see Hamilton get in the car and show Bernie how Kazuki Nakajima makes a pit stop!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2008, 04:50:48 PM »
I've been watching the reactions to the McLaren rollout. It seems that Ron Dennis had a very small part in it. It was the first time they rolled a car out at Mercedes' facility rather than their own. The Evil Dwarf was on hand, too.

This has all fueled rumors that Mercedes is going to buy out the team, Ron is going to retire, Bernie has forgiven them, ect, ect, ect.

I would have loved to see Hamilton get in the car and show Bernie how Kazuki Nakajima makes a pit stop!
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle