collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 252
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12997 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Maiden podium for Rosberg, Malaysia penalty for Nakajima  (Read 599 times)

Offline romephius

Maiden podium for Rosberg, Malaysia penalty for Nakajima
« on: March 16, 2008, 08:59:11 AM »
Nico Rosberg finished an excellent third in Sunday’s Australian Grand Prix to secure his first Formula One podium. Combined with team mate Kazuki Nakajima’s sixth place, it means Williams leave Melbourne second in the constructors’ championship behind McLaren.

Starting seventh on the grid, Rosberg drove a clean, fast and confident race at the head of the field, surviving three safety-car periods to bring his Toyota-powered FW30 home less than three seconds behind the second-placed BMW Sauber of Nick Heidfeld.

“I am really, really happy and I have to say that being on the podium in Formula One is a really great feeling,” said the delighted German. “It’s been a while since I have been here and its great for the whole team as they have been working hard over the winter, they have done a good job and made some real progress. I gave everything I had today, but it was a tough race on a street circuit in the heat which didn’t make it easy.”

Nakajima had a more eventful race, finding himself caught up in two incidents further down the field, the latter of which - when he ran into the rear of Robert Kubica's BMW Sauber - earned him a ten-place grid penalty for next weekend's Malaysia race.

Nevertheless, the Japanese driver was more than happy to have scored points in only his second Grand Prix. After the flag he moved up from seventh to sixth place thanks to Rubens Barrichello’s disqualification.

“To get to the end today was great, great to finish and great to get some points,” he said. “It was really tough out there today physically, but on top of that there was so much going on. At the start, a car spun in front of me, turned side on and damaged my nose. Then with the various safety car periods, the team did a great job to swap my strategy to a one stop that put me in the points. Towards the end of the race, I had another incident when all the cars backed up into each other and I damaged my nose again.”

Williams’ nine-point haul puts them one point ahead of BMW Sauber in the standings and five behind championship leaders McLaren.

Full credit and source: www.formula1.com

Really well drive race from Rosberg, he earned it the hard way.  Bad luck to Nakajima, but, it certainly shows his inexperience.

Rom

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle