collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 583
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16161 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Was Ralf Toyota's Problem?  (Read 1164 times)

Online cosworth151

Was Ralf Toyota's Problem?
« on: May 09, 2008, 01:29:21 PM »
On Speed Channel's coverage of Friday practice from Turkey, David Hobbs and Co. were talking about the improvement at Toyota this year. They were saying that Toyota listened only to Ralf for the last three years. They mentioned that Trulli told them that Glock has talked with him more about the cars so far this season than Ralf did in the entire previous three seasons.

I would agree. Now that Ralf is gone, Jarno can finally get a car set up to his liking. The result speak for themselves.

What do you all think?

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

Re: Was Ralf Toyota's Problem?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2008, 01:35:19 PM »
Makes sense to me Cos.I liked where they said
Ralf convinced Toy.that he would do for them
what Michael did for Ferrari,hence the 20 million
a year payday
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

CrazyHorse

« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 01:45:20 PM »
JT is the fastest driver out there over a single lap or a few laps, but over race distance he never seems to put everything together.

i remember italy a few years ago,JT was on the podium half dead and carted off to hospital once the ceremony was over

Offline raindancer

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 08:36:30 AM »
He has been putting it together this season and sometimes he has had to drive quite hard to keep his place. Ralf was the problem according to me. He just had the pedigree but very little skill and talent and his performance in the Formula Nippon was nothing much to write about.
Ralf liked money and also does not have the engineering brain Michael had.
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2008, 09:38:13 AM »
I have always thought of Ralf as a solid number 2 but not a team leader, a lot like Coulthard in my opinion.

I never understood why Toy persisted with Ralf and Trulli for so long they could have changed either one for some one else just to see, maybe their reluctance to admit they got it wrong stems from the parent company culture.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2008, 10:29:45 AM »
I think getting rid of Mike Gascoyne was Toyota's problem.  If they had let him loose and he had given them a really good car the results would have followed.

I had high hopes for Ralf when he arrived in F1.  He actually won a championship in Japan whereas Irvine and a few others came back with big reputations but achieved nothing there.  I think Ralf may be another in the Jan Magnussen category.  No application, no commitment etc

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle