collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 599
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Speed Wins Truck Race  (Read 1712 times)

Offline cosworth151

Speed Wins Truck Race
« on: June 06, 2008, 01:50:36 PM »
Making the most of his sixth start in NASCAR's Craftsman Truck Series, former Formula 1 driver Scott Speed ran away from the field after a late restart to win the AAA Insurance 200 on Friday at Dover International Speedway. The Dover track has long been known as "The Monster Mile." Speed drives the #22 Red Bull Toyota Tundra pick-up for Bill Davis Racing.

Speed, whose previous best finish was eighth at Kansas Speedway, is the third straight first-time winner in the series, following Matt Crafton (Lowe's Motor Speedway) and Donny Lia (Mansfield, Ohio) to victory lane.

"Today we had a good strategy and an awesome truck, and we got everything we could out of it," Speed said of his No. 22 Bill Davis Racing Toyota. "The learning curve I've had has been amazing. Every time I go out on the track, I feel I come away with a lot of knowledge.

When told there was never a repeat winner at Dover, he quipped, "I haven't been back yet." Then he plopped his cap on the head of the Monster trophy.

"I'm just having an awesome time trying to learn this sport."

Maybe a harder time than one would think. This item from The Southern Ledger:

Later, Speed revealed he had his toenails painted blue on the plane ride to Delaware.

"You've obviously never experienced the joy of having someone take care of your feet," he said, laughing. "My feet were very, very soft, very beautiful for my standards."

Somehow, I can't picture Richard Petty, Junior Johnson or David Pearson doing that. He may have a rough time from some of the "good ol' boys" this week in Texas! :crazy:

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Speed Wins Truck Race
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 05:07:32 PM »
Well done Scott. If you're going to be that quick, I don't care what colour your toenails are and neither should anyone else (some will anyway but that's beside the point).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle