collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 592
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Watch Live Streaming F1 Canadian Grand Prix online  (Read 1985 times)

Offline Wizzo

Watch Live Streaming F1 Canadian Grand Prix online
« on: June 06, 2008, 07:24:17 PM »
It's the weekend of the Canadian Grand Prix and you can see all the action, including qualifying and Friday's practice sessions, on the web.

The ITV.com website will be showing all the action for free.

Friday's first practice session will be shown at 1500BST today, with the second session at 1900BST.

Saturday's qualifying takes place at 1800BST on Saturday, with race coverage beginning at 1710BST on Sunday.

www.itv.com/f1

If anybody has any links that work then please post them here.  :good:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Willy

Re: Watch Live Streaming F1 Canadian Grand Prix online
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2008, 11:10:35 PM »
That may be the option as I am so p*ssed at TV coverage of the Canadian GP in Canada.

We have this really shitty national sports network here called TSN (I can only assume it stands for Terrible Sports Network) that feels that any sporting event in Canada that is shown on TSN should only be watched on TSN, so the dicks in charge, blackout any other feed.
This includes Speed TV from the USA. This is what I normally watch F1 on, as I like the coverage Speed gives as well as the commentators, Steve Matchet, Peter Windsor, Bob Varsha and David Hobbs. They get along well, are well informed and have lots of useful info during the race. Oh, and they actually pay attention to the race and have the sense to shut up when something happens on track and talk about it afterward.

Now lets talk about TSN. They have two morons (one of them being a guy named Vic Rauter), who know little or nothing about F1 but still feel the need to ramble on about it, but most  of what they say has no relevance to what it actually happening on track. I had the misfortune to watch qualifying last year from Montreal and there was a major incident that they totally missed as they were in their own little world.

One good thing about TSN is once the race starts they have the sense to change over to the ITV feed from Britain and we get their coverage. It's not bad but I find Martin Brundle to be a tad full of himself.
Then once the race is over, TSN drops the ITV feed and we miss out on post race interviews etc.
I think that this is happening so I will quit complaining and just go to Montreal for the race each year and next year I will do this, but for now I get to suffer TSN and their damn Canadian protectionism.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2008, 11:14:57 PM »
TVU apparently is doing qualifying (via the Wheels/Speed channel) but not the race, as Fox network have it (which TVU hasn't got).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 08:47:13 AM »
TSN isn't much better than CBC used to offer.  Vic 'Roto-Rooter' isn't any worse than Brian Williams, who I think was the only talking head CBC had for oh, the last 40 years or so.  The stupid blackouts seem like they are part our culture, eh?  Like you say, thankfully they switch to the ITV feed for the race.  One time, before the 2hr time limit, I missed the last 10 laps or so of a race because it was time for...hold your breath...CURLING!!
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Willy

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2008, 12:59:05 PM »
Ah, to be Canadian and live with that bastian of broadcasting, the CBC. I'm not sure but I think TSN is a CBC offshoot.
I too remember Brian Williams, but unfortunately he has been around now for so long he has become an icon. Kind of like the Canadian Content rules for radio that still makes us listen to obscure one hit Canadian bands from the 70's & 80's.
I have reached the point that I feel the need to turn off the TV the moment I hear Vic Rauter's nasally drone.
And so this weekend I can't even get the Fox feed as that is blocked as well.
A sad day for Canadian racing viewers.
I sent a few letters to TSN over the yaers to ask about the blackouts, but, alas, they don't respond.

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 01:16:31 PM »
TSN is CTV...and I've also sent unanswered letters to TSN and CBC for that matter.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle