collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 245
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16166 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12998 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Coulthard To Retire This Weekend ?  (Read 1180 times)

TheStig

Coulthard To Retire This Weekend ?
« on: July 02, 2008, 02:13:37 AM »
 The strong rumour in the days before the British grand prix is that David Coulthard will announce his retirement from formula one this weekend at Silverstone.

The veteran of approaching 250 grands prix, 15 consecutive seasons and 13 wins - and at 37 the oldest active race driver - is out of contract at Red Bull at the end of 2008.

With German youngster Sebastian Vettel expected to claim his seat for next year, it is now strongly speculated that Coulthard, a Scot, will take the opportunity of perhaps his last home race to signal the impending end of his F1 career.

He said recently about the prospect of retirement as a race driver: "When that moment comes, there you go. That's the journey of life. You move on to the next thing.

"There are a lot worse things that can happen to you and you move on to the next challenge," Coulthard added.

http://www.feedmef1.com/html/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=10484

Have a great Silverstone.........

TheStig

Offline Dare

Re: Coulthard To Retire This Weekend ?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:02:29 AM »
While he isn't one of my favorites I stioll
hate to see him go

That will leave Ruebens,Jarno,and Fisichella as
the drivers left from the 90's[I think}
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 08:24:45 AM »
It's time, for sure, but I hope he stays in F1, and not just as a broadcaster.  I hope he becomes involved in a team.  I think it's time Bishop returns to F1 Racing since he isn't doing much of a job at McLaren...maybe David can return to McLaren in that sort of job. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 10:35:09 AM »
I can't see him retiring now.  He has put so much effort into Red Bull why would he go when it is about to start paying off.  Unless the team are pushing him he has a straight choice for 2009.  Retire or have an Adrian Newey designed car for a season with new aero rules.  If you are a racing driver who has put in all the effort DC has and engineered Newey's move to Red Bull why would you retire now?

This story is like the British GP leaving Silverstone or Magny Cours being consigned to the history books.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 01:05:25 PM »
I think the fact that he's done so well this year will be the deciding factor. Any thought of retirement left his thinking when he was standing on the podium in Montreal.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 01:08:48 PM »
I have to agree,the only way DC will
retire is when they pry his steering
wheel from his hands
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 06:35:52 PM »
This sounds like those rumours at the British Grand Prix in 1998 that Damon was about to retire. It said more about the press' state of boredom than about what Damon was planning on doing. Apart from possibly saving the journalists some time when they recycled the rumours in 1999 (this time checking that there was some vague connection to the truth first), the rumours served no useful purpose.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Mitch14

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 08:32:00 PM »
i hope DC dosen't retire even though he's getting old as he is still a good driver

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle