collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 567
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 2
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Prepare for the night of the long knives  (Read 4627 times)

Offline Steven Roy

Prepare for the night of the long knives
« on: July 24, 2008, 11:02:42 AM »
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080724/tuk-mosley-wins-s-m-privacy-case-45dbed5.html

Max won his case.  Ther will be no limits to his vengeance now.

Offline Ian

Re: Prepare for the night of the long knives
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 07:18:05 PM »
Lets just hope one rebounds and gets him then
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 09:40:04 PM »
I saw about as much of that video as some of you did - about a minute and a half, which did not conclusively have a Nazi theme.  Ok, one girl was wearing a black leather jacket, but that doesn't mean much, and another one got dressed in a striped prison uniform which to me only says 'prison', not Nazi.

Nonetheless, I was convinced Max would lose the case because I figured if there were supposedly 5 hours of this recording, then there must be proof of the Nazi theme somewhere in there.  But now I think I was wrong.  I think the NOTW guys are a bunch of morons.  Because if they were so stupid as to not watch the whole thing and pay attention, then they can be nothing BUT morons.  If there wasn't some sort of proof on the tape, why the heck did they bother to mention any sort of Nazi connotations?  Max would have been as badly humilated and publicly shamed if they had just left it as some simple S & M, and it would have cost less.

That said, I am still ashamed for Max that he hasn't just stepped down (and for the FIA for not giving him the boot ) - no matter what the outcome of this trial, it still does not make a difference to the Rest Of The World, who had the pleasure (or displeasure) of watching Max get his tush whipped.  There is no alternative but to step down.  He just doesn't know it.

The man has no shame, so why would he care about invasion of privacy?
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 09:51:35 PM »
And now the revenge starts. And guess which engine is first in line to get scrutinised by the FIA.

The engine in Hamilton's Macca with which he totally demolished everyone at Hockenheim last Sunday has been sealed and is to be checked over by the FIA.

Just a routine thing you understand. ;)

I did say after Silverstone that I wondered how the FIA did not find something to get at Macca for. Well perhaps they were waiting to make it a double. I wouldn't put disqualifying Hami from both British and German points past them, if they could as much as put a finger on the minutest item.

Time will tell. Now of course Max stromps along again with his chin up, having won the court case, but nothing has really changed. We still all think of him as a perverted arse hole.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 01:28:14 AM »
Of course he won this case as it was a blatant, gross and cynical abuse and invasion of his privacy and please see Mr. Justice EADY's ruling which I have highlighted below.

As for the reported comments of the disgruntled and disgraced NOTW editor, [the media was] "less free today after another judgment based on privacy laws emanating from Europe. The result is that our media are being strangled by stealth.", if I was the judge of this case I would quickly have him before me on a "contempt of court" charge and he would lose that case as well!

What an arrogant b****rd he really is! The judgement in effect underlines the NOTW failed in their ethical, moral and LEGAL duty to uphold the law(s) relating to privacy and he comes out with this corporate spin. Definitely grounds for a contempt of the court charge - throw the lot of 'em in jail and bankrupt 'em as well. 

To also claim "That is why the News of the World will remain committed to fighting for (readers') right to know."  beggars all belief and flies in the face of the Justice's specific ruling that "....there was no public interest or other justification for the clandestine recording, for the publication of the resulting information and still photographs, or for the placing of the video extracts on the News of the World website all of this on a massive scale.".

Once again the NOTW has  been proven to be a muckraker of salacious and offensive  content and to say otherwise should be seen as just another cynical ploy so typical of them. I have nothing but the utmost contempt for this disgusting publication and regret they were not hit with staggering "exemplary damages".

Thankfully it is now over and John Bull's post about the McLAREN engine of lewis HAMILTON's winning car being sealed for FIA inspection is worrying to say the least.

No wonder a few people consider FIA stands for FERRARI's INTERNAL or INFERNAL AGENTS.

"His win could have major implications for the British media and the country's privacy laws.

During the trial, Mosley argued that neither he nor the prostitutes had broken any laws during the orgy, that each had been a consenting participant and that the newspaper's sting was a gross invasion of his privacy.

Justice Eady said because there was no evidence that Mosley had imitated the behaviour of Nazis, there was no justification for the newspaper to print its claims or publish on the internet a video of the orgy.

"There was bondage, beating and domination which seem to be typical of S and M behaviour," the judge said.

"But there was no public interest or other justification for the clandestine recording, for the publication of the resulting information and still photographs, or for the placing of the video extracts on the News of the World website all of this on a massive scale.

"Of course, I accept that such behaviour is viewed by some people with distaste and moral disapproval, but in the light of modern rights-based jurisprudence that does not provide any justification for the intrusion on the personal privacy of the claimant.

"No amount of damages can fully compensate Mr Mosley for the damage done.

"He is hardly exaggerating when he says his life was ruined."

However, Justice Eady decided not to make an unprecedented award of punitive exemplary damages that Mosley had sought in an attempt to stop newspapers publishing similar stories.

News of the World editor Colin Myler, who during the seven-day trial argued there was a legitimate public interest in publishing the story, said the newspaper was pleased at the lack of punitive damages.

However, he warned that the media was "less free today after another judgment based on privacy laws emanating from Europe".

"The result is that our media are being strangled by stealth.

"That is why the News of the World will remain committed to fighting for (readers') right to know."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/mp/4821937/mosley-wins-nazi-sadomasochism-case

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:40:58 AM by SennaMan »
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 07:55:15 AM »
£60,000 ?  NOTW got whipped with a wet noodle, not the spiked leather one that Max wanted to be used.  They likely made many times more with the splash of publicity and increased readership. 

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 09:21:47 AM »
Even the $400,000 legal fee that the NotW will also be paying won't cancel out the profit most likely made - the scandal has been going on long enough for some to have formed a habit of automatically buying NotW on a Sunday, which is really all that it wants from this.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 10:20:27 AM »
And now the revenge starts. And guess which engine is first in line to get scrutinised by the FIA.

The engine in Hamilton's Macca with which he totally demolished everyone at Hockenheim last Sunday has been sealed and is to be checked over by the FIA.

Just a routine thing you understand. ;)

I did say after Silverstone that I wondered how the FIA did not find something to get at Macca for. Well perhaps they were waiting to make it a double. I wouldn't put disqualifying Hami from both British and German points past them, if they could as much as put a finger on the minutest item.

You really have to wonder sometime.  Do these people really think the general public are so gullible?  How can anyone possibly believe that after Lewis blew away the field the last two races that this engine test is 'random'????  It's pathetic.  I'm sure there was a call placed from Maranello to Paris that something might be amiss in the Mclaren engine and could they have a look at it?  Max might not have even waited for the call.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2008, 10:39:57 AM »
£60,000 ?  NOTW got whipped with a wet noodle, not the spiked leather one that Max wanted to be used.  They likely made many times more with the splash of publicity and increased readership. 

The ruling is one helluva setback for what little credibility this gutter rag has SD plus they have to pay ole max's legal costs believed to be around 450k Sterling or in my AUD currency about a million bucks mate - and their own of course.

I would like to be their lawyers mind you as plenty of lucrative work keeps coming in.

However, you are right SD, just a drop in the ocean of the cash they made from the story and that is the sole motivation they do it.

Fighting for the people's right to know is so false and hypocritical it is pathetic.

I am delighted this ruling stuck another boot into their collective 'backsides".
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2008, 10:46:36 AM »
I found the following on F1 Fanatic.  I think it is an interesting interpretation of the judgement.

Max has suffered undue distress due to exposure of his private life. Surely an enthusiast for S&M activities would pay good money for this kind of treatment. Should News International be billing him?

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 10:47:22 AM »

You really have to wonder sometime.  Do these people really think the general public are so gullible?  How can anyone possibly believe that after Lewis blew away the field the last two races that this engine test is 'random'????  It's pathetic.  I'm sure there was a call placed from Maranello to Paris that something might be amiss in the Mclaren engine and could they have a look at it?  Max might not have even waited for the call.

yeah SD, I am with you and JB on this one mate and I read these so-called 'random tests' have been delayed this year to enable tougher regs to be drafted and used.

FERRARI always appeal and complain when they are losing these days and the FIA seems only to willing to quickly accede to their complaints.

What's the odds they will find something and as JB suggests reverse the last two results where lewis so supremely and easily kicked FERRARI's butt?

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 12:45:56 PM »
They will probably decide that the cylinder head bolts were inspired by Ferrari's design.

Even if McLaren had decided to run a bent engine they would have told Lewis to win by the minimum margin.  The mere fact that he has dominated as he has suggests that the team are convinced the car is 100% legit.

Offline Monty

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 02:43:56 PM »
I just assumed that Max won because Mr. Justice EADY was the other German with a mask and whip! :yahoo:
As I have said. I didn't care who won. Max and the NOTW are as bad as each other and the money comes from people that buy the NOTW which excludes me!
I still feel the guy has let down everyone in the sport (representing the sport to religious countries, etc.) and the sooner he slinks away to his depraved private existance the better.

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 03:53:02 PM »
Whilst agreeing that NOTW is a rag and hardly worth the paper it's printed on, I do think the judge has been a little illogical.  There is a clear admission that the theme of the orgy was "prison".  Madame E or whatever her name is has now said that the German language was used because it turns Max on.  So we are talking now about a specifically German prison.  Is Max saying that examination of genitals for lice is routine in the German prison system?  That it is routine for prisoners to be whipped and to require more of ze punishment?  I think the German prison authorities might take exception to that.

You can't have it both ways.  Yes, you can say that the uniforms used were intended to present a prison theme but there are additional factors that go beyond to a specifically Nazi aspect.  I think it was quite legitimate for NOTW to have concluded that the theme was Nazi therefore.  In fact, I find it impossible to believe that anyone could watch the video and not have thoughts of Nazi concentration camps creep into his mind.  So the possibility that there was an intended Nazi theme remains and the judge is wrong to say that there definitely wasn't.  There may have been and NOTW should not be punished for being of the opinion that there was.
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 04:25:57 PM »
So if it walks like a duck(maybe that should be goose :stop:) and quacks like a duck it doesn't have to wear a swastika armband to be a Nazi.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle