collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 261
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12997 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max Might Stay  (Read 1540 times)

Offline cosworth151

Max Might Stay
« on: September 12, 2008, 08:41:50 PM »
Just like a bad monster movie, where the monster rises from the dead at the end to assure a sequel, Mad Max Mosley is dropping hints that he might run for another term at the helm of the FIA!

"I have to say there is an awful lot of pressure coming from different parts of the world saying 'continue', which is very nice of them. You can't rule anything out. You should never say never, as the old cliché goes. But at the moment my inclination is that I would like a quieter life."

Please, give us Godzilla, Freddie Kruger, anything but Max!

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/080912211330.shtml

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Max Might Stay
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 08:45:49 PM »
Say it ain't so.

Offline johnbull

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 09:07:51 PM »
Say it ain't so.

He needs another 5 years, so he can be absolutely sure he screws up F1 completely.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Willy

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 10:51:38 PM »
Okay, everybody agrees that Max leaving would be a good thing for the sport. But....
who do you think would be a viable replacement for him, and be able to stand up to Bernie?
Jean Todt?
Flavio Briatore?
Just wondering.

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 07:25:00 AM »
Tony Purnell
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 08:43:03 AM »
Max is simply insane.  He has no idea what the rest of the world thinks.  I'm sure the many people he's talking about are the ones the FIA gives tons of money to (Thati for one) to support their essentially non-existent clubs just so they have a seat in the general assembly. 

So many people have said that they want Max to go, but 'not this way'.  Well wake up and smell the daisy's, he's not going by his own will this way or that way.  Kinda like one of those psycho dictators that will stay in power until he's 'taken out' or dies while in office (although you'd think some of them might have learned a good lesson from the Marcus' from the Phillipines - give yourself up, become a protected entity in a nice sunny climate and enjoy the riches you've plundered).  Maybe it's time for Max to 'give up' and retire to Monaco and enjoy the $300m he allegedly got from Bernie.  One last thing - I thought Max's family had left him with more money than he could possibly spend in a lifetime, so why did he need the cash from Bernie in the first place?

I'm so sorry Bernie jumped back over to Max's side.  He would likely have been the only one with enough cunning, power and influence to eject Max. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 11:17:13 AM »

I'm so sorry Bernie jumped back over to Max's side.  He would likely have been the only one with enough cunning, power and influence to eject Max. 

Bernie does what's best for Bernie at the time. If next week he needs to flatten Max, he will.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

FW14B

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:09:53 PM »
I think it was really only a matter of time before Max said this.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 12:57:38 PM »
Okay, everybody agrees that Max leaving would be a good thing for the sport. But....
who do you think would be a viable replacement for him, and be able to stand up to Bernie?

Tony Purnell
Tony George
Ron Dennis

I know George & Dennis probably wouldn't take the job, but either of them would be just what the sport needs. Besides, it would be wonderful just to watch Bernie's head explode at the news!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 05:29:54 PM »
Robert Darblenet (the head of the AAA) would be an excellent replacement - he's got closer to unseating Mosley than anyone else except Régis (and unlike the latter, would still be acceptable to the majority of the FIA) and he has a more balanced view on many things, not just F1.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 05:49:39 PM »
There's something else in the world besides F1? :swoon:
― Bob Dylan

Offline Willy

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2008, 10:48:40 PM »
Ron Dennis. Not a bad choice as it would drive Bernie nuts.
Wait, I have an idea,,,,,,,
what about Martin Brundle?
David Coulthard?

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2008, 11:05:55 PM »
The first thing that any new FIA president has to do is re-instate FISA and let the FIA president concentrate on the job he is supposed rather than spending all his time screwing up F1

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle