collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 626
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: What if the Stewards hadn't interfered?  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Scott

What if the Stewards hadn't interfered?
« on: October 20, 2008, 08:28:46 PM »

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: What if the Stewards hadn't interfered?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2008, 08:45:53 PM »
Good fun to speculate like that but the decisions are fixed and critisism is inadmissable, as they ruled at the appeal.

We've seen Championships decided in controversial circumstances before, lets hope the real champion makes it without any dubious stewards interference in Brazil.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline johnbull

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2008, 09:22:00 PM »
Great article Scotty. And I loved some of the comments, including a couple I recognised from someone in Malta.

I really do think the FIA will come up with something for Brazil. They would never be able to stomach Hamilton and Ron Dennis going up for their World Championship trophies, so they will definately have to act quickly. That's as much faith as I have in the FIA.

As for Donelly's Ferrari connection, that is really disgusting, and Max as president is even more disgusting for knowingly condoning it.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 09:19:22 AM »
Not to mention the possibility (as mentioned here a couple of times) that Donnely may become Max's heir.  The fact that he is financially tied to Ferrari is such a blatant conflict of interest that the FIA should be investigated by the EU competition regulators (in fact why haven't they already???). 

You'd think after Max and Bernie gave a public butt slapping to the EU over tobacco advertising a few years ago, there might be someone in the EU interested in slapping down the FIA for a change.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 09:24:10 AM »
The article sums up my opinions of the 2008 Championship. It is actually quite conservative because it accepts the 10 place grid drop in France for the pit lane accident in Canada (remember there have been similar accidents in GP2 and F1 where the stewards either did nothing or imposed fines. Therefore, Hamilton could have possibly won the French GP).

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 01:22:05 PM »
That really hits the nail on the head! I hate to think what's going to happen to F1 when the FIA pulls some ruling out of its *ss in Brazil to rob Lewis of the WDC.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 08:29:34 PM »
That really hits the nail on the head! I hate to think what's going to happen to F1 when the FIA pulls some ruling out of its *ss in Brazil to rob Lewis of the WDC.

Which I am quite sure they will.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle