collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 121
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16161 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12994 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Craw to be new FIA Deputy President  (Read 1219 times)

TheStig

Craw to be new FIA Deputy President
« on: November 05, 2008, 04:06:26 PM »
America's Nick Craw (62) will be nominated as the new FIA Deputy President at the General Assembly this week. The head of the Automobile Competition Committee for the United States (ACCUS), which governs US racing on behalf of the FIA, Craw has a stellar career behind him. A graduate of Princeton University with a Master's degree from Harvard Business School, he raced in the 1960s and 1970s enjoying success in both Formula Atlantic and in touring car racing. He ran his own Scorpio Racing Enterprises business but in the 1970s was involved with the Peace Corps, and became its director in 1973-1974. He went on to become the president and chief executive officer of the Sports Car Club of America for 17 years. Craw became the SCCA's delegate to ACCUS, served a term as vice president and was chairman of the National Motorsports Council. He then departed to become head of US Sailing. He became head of ACCUS in 2005 when he joined the FIA World Council.

A highly-respected figure, the appointment of Craw is a good sign for the FIA.

TheStig

Offline Steven Roy

Re: Craw to be new FIA Deputy President
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2008, 04:18:48 PM »
Thanks for the info Stig.  I had forgotten all about this position being up for grabs.  I had assume that Todt was getting the position so I had blanked it from my memory.  I have never heard of Nick Craw which given FIA politics could be a good thing.

TheStig

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2008, 04:30:04 PM »
I, too.- had forgotten the position up for the taking until i read it.... Steven.

TheStig

Offline johnbull

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2008, 05:37:18 PM »
He's probably the best thing that has happened to the FIA for a while.

Americans may be described as brash, but they don't take any nonsense from anyone so hopefully this guy will manage to keep Max under control.

Either that or they'll fall out within weeks.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 08:16:33 PM »
Given the look of his resume Craw seems a good choice he has plenty of experience in a lot of areas of motorsport, but crucialy not F1.

I think meglomanaic Max will arrange for different spheres of influence for himself and the new deputy, Max keeps F1 and Craw gets the rest to play with.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2008, 11:59:28 PM »
Thank you for giving me this information. I feel more secure in the wisdom of Craw's appointment now.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2008, 02:12:49 PM »
At first, I thought this said Claw was to be the new FIA Deputy President. She never told me about it! :crazy:

Seriously, I have high hopes for Mr Craw. He did very well at the SCCA and ACCUS. I think it bodes well for the future of the USGP.

ACCUS is made up of USAC, SCCA, IMSA (a.k.a. ALMS), IRL, NASCAR, Grand Am, NHRA (Drag racing) and WKA. Champ Car was also a member. USAC is the host club for the USGP.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle