collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 579
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Button better than Hamilton with ''bad car''  (Read 1535 times)

TheStig

Button better than Hamilton with ''bad car''
« on: November 09, 2008, 06:29:49 PM »

Jenson Button insists he is a better driver than his British countryman Lewis Hamilton -- at racing a "bad car".

Hamilton wrapped up the drivers' title in Brazil one week ago, while Honda's 28-year-old Button completed the 2008 title eighteenth -- the lowest placed contender excluding those at the wheel of Force Indias or Super Aguris.

But he is quoted as saying by the British Sunday tabloid The People: "If (I'd) had Lewis' car then I'd have been World Champion too."

Button, whose only Grand Prix victory dates back to 2006, insists his comments are not sour grapes, but rather a reflection of his recent experiences.

"Lewis is a worthy World Champion but he wouldn't have done as well as me in my Honda."

"I mean, the guy has never been in a bad car. I think you learn from it and become a better driver trying to work with a bad car," he said

You should never have left Williams in the first place,If only?

TheStig

FW14B

Re: Button better than Hamilton with ''bad car''
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 10:15:11 PM »
Not exactly like Williams have had a world beating car since he left though  :(  I wish he had stayed anyway, I like him as a driver.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 01:08:22 AM »
world champions have a talent JB has shown he has not got; they do not habitually make wrong decisions if at all.

However, jenson is right in one sense, you cannot win the WDC in a crap car and unfortunately HONDA in the last two seasons have very successfully defined what a crap F1 car is. I just hope ross BRAWN can pull them up but they have to get rid of FRY - he is hopeless IMO!

Mind you, WILLIAMS' cars have not been too flash but at least they have an explanation; they are cash-strapped whereas HONDA have far more money.

In fact with WILLIAMS I am sad to see such an illustrious team decline so badly. In 2008 they sunk to 8th out of 10 remaining teams in the WCC.

Unthinkable they only beat HONDA and FORCE INDIA! 
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 08:32:51 AM »
But... at least we beat one manufacturar  :yahoo:

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:01:30 PM »
Button should stop signing big money contracts and hold out for a front of the grid team.  Then after a couple of seasons he will find out how highly they rate him.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2008, 08:09:44 PM »
I don't think he's made himself very attractive to any of them.  Who wants him? 

The best thing he could do would be to make up with Frank and drive for cheap.  Frank could afford that, and it would attract a good chunk of British advertising revenue for Williams as well...certainly they know how to win when they have the resources. 

They should give each other 2 years and maybe even convince Toyota to take a big chunk stock at a premium price and ditch their factory team. 

I hear there's a Canadian billionaire who is a massive F1 fan...maybe he could make Toyota an offer for the works squad and become a customer.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 08:55:42 AM »
I am a Jensen fan. I first saw him in lower formula and he was always good. I think there are a lot of fair comparisons between Jensen and Lewis but he did make some misguided decisions. However, if his best claim to fame is that he can drive a bad car better than Lewis I think he should keep quiet. His next big chance (possibly his last chance) will all depend on if the Honda is going to be any good next year. With a good car and probably the best strategic brain on the pit wall helping him, he could have a chance of winning the championship.

Offline Ian

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:06 PM »
I've always said I'd like to see Jensen in a good car, I reckon he'd shock a few people.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 11:04:23 PM »
Next year may be the year Jens shows us what he is made of, the Honda has got to be better and I think it will be running midfield and higher sometimes. Button will finally be able to prove he has talent.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle