collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 548
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: F1 chief Ecclestone 'facing £2.4bn divorce battle with wife Slavica'  (Read 1715 times)

TheStig

FORMULA One boss Bernie Ecclestone has split from his wife Slavica, it was claimed today.

The 78-year-old tycoon's marriage is said to be heading for the divorce courts after she moved out of the family home in Kensington.

The 6ft 2in former model, who towers over the billionaire, is alleged to have packed her bags while Mr Ecclestone was in Brazil watching Lewis Hamilton's Grand Prix victory.

According to friends in Switzerland, where the couple have a second home, Mrs Ecclestone, 50, has already consulted divorce lawyers.

Should the break-up be final, it could be the latest in a string of acrimonious splits as 5ft 4in Mr Ecclestone has put the bulk of his fortune in her name. The couple are said to be worth £2.4billion.

A huge proportion of this, £1.9billion from a bond issue in 1999, was put in off-shore trusts controlled by Mrs Ecclestone, who is non-domiciled. They have two daughters Tamara, 24, and Petra, 19, who have moved out of the £10million family home.

Despite their wealth, the Ecclestones, who have been married for 24 years, live relatively low-key lives. They met at the 1982 Italian Grand Prix, where Mrs Ecclestone was modelling, and married two years later.

A source said: "Bernie is totally focused on his work. You don't pull yourself up from nowhere to become one of the richest men in the land by being a pussycat."

At her new flat overlooking the Thames, Mrs Ecclestone refused to comment.

Mr Ecclestone admitted she had moved out but blamed it on the noise from building work in the house next door. He refused to say whether or not they were divorcing.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/article-23586950-details/article.do?ito=newsnow&

TheStig

Offline Steven Roy

Re: F1 chief Ecclestone 'facing £2.4bn divorce battle with wife Slavica'
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2008, 07:52:21 PM »
This could have repercussions.  I guess the offseason may not be as quite as we anticipated.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2008, 07:59:32 PM »
Ron Dennis's divorce, Max Mosley's scandal and now this - 2008 may have been a good year for F1 on the track, but it's been a really bad year for F1 romance!
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:12:07 PM »
This could have repercussions.  I guess the offseason may not be as quite as we anticipated.

I'd say so - now Bernie is going to be in an even more foul mood.  So much for the Cdn GP!

Hey Christmas is coming up, and I always thought Bernie kinda looked and behaved like Mr. Scrooge - and now he's single on top of it...maybe he'll meet the three ghosts of Christmas and next year the teams will be given a billion each for budgets and we'll all be going to GP's for FREE!!   :crazy: :crazy:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 06:31:44 AM »
Just more Karma :D

Lonny
Lonny

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 03:52:38 PM »
This could be good for Montreal & Indy. The Toxic Troll may be looking for a little Off The Books, Under The Table cash!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

TheStig

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2008, 12:21:18 PM »
I hope so?but i think he will still have a few billion left over,  even after he has paid the wife off.

TheStig

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 04:35:20 PM »
I hope so?but i think he will still have a few billion left over,  even after he has paid the wife off.

He put a lot of his assets in her name as she is not an EC citizen and can avoid tax so she will have to pay him off.  People who know more about these things than me tell me that it is unusual for share ownership to change hand but the partner who does not own the shares is due a sum equivalent to half their value.  She has timed it perfectly because share values are lower than for years so she will pay him a lot less than had she gone last year.  So her half in a couple of years time will be worth a lot more than his.

Offline Dare

« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 04:55:53 PM »
Steven it seems she learned well from bern
how to screw people.

I bet the price of his 225 pound mousepad may
increase where the average fan can't afford it :(
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline johnbull

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2008, 08:22:28 PM »
I found a similar thread in the forum at www.uphillracers.com under General motorsport. I recommend a read. It's hilarious. Brit humour at it's best.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle