collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 545
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Honda saved?  (Read 4113 times)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Honda saved?
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2009, 02:55:44 PM »
Welcome aboard, bo bruce! Always good to have another Yank. I'm from S.E. Ohio, but I was born in Indiana.

I agree about Aguri Suzuki. I think the sport would be far better off with more teams run by people with the passion for F1, not just corporations and bored billionaires. That's why the teams run by people like Suzuki, Minardi, Jordan, Stoddart and Chapman still have such loyal fans, even long after the teams have gone.

By the way, did you go to any of the F1 races at Indy?
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
Hiya bo bruce, welcome to the best site on the 'net, hope your not like that nasty Dare and slate us Brits off.  :DD
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2009, 04:02:51 PM »
Hiya bo bruce, welcome to the best site on the 'net, hope your not like that nasty Dare and slate us Brits off.  :DD
hahaha... hi Ian!
me nasty? no way and far from it! i actually am quite supportive of everything from the UK, as well as the European side of the channel. check my web site link for the league i run, specifically the international flavor. i 've always been fascinated with people from around the world, they're views/likes/dislikes and how we are the same or different.

besides, you folks brought us here :) and then brought us Clark/Stewart/Hill/ etc (all who i met in Indianapolis in '66'67'68 along with Brabham/Amon/Rindt/Bianchi (:o) Chapman/McLaren/etc etc etc...

feel free to ask me anything!
nice to meet you, thanks for the warm welcome~
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2009, 04:04:19 PM »
hi Cossie :)
thanks.. nice to be in such good company!
 as for USGP at Indy... yeah. went to the first one, but only opening day/practice - fantastic. then we did all 4 days (fan walk about on thurs) in '05 and had a terrific time.
sat in the turn 2/3/4/5/6 complex of what is Indy500 turn 4 on the inside. spectacular view. but spent friday and saturday viewing from all over.  don't go into the front straight without ear protection! its brutally loud to the point of painful
but glorious!  ;)
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2009, 04:31:29 PM »
I was there for every day of all of them. My raceday seat was on the front straight up under the overhang. You're right about loud but glorious.

I spent most of the time running all over the lot with my cameras. You might want to check out some of the pix in the Image Gallery. They also sometimes pop up on the left of the screen in the Random Images frame.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline johnbull

« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2009, 04:42:59 PM »

besides, you folks brought us here :) and then brought us Clark/Stewart/Hill/ etc (all who i met in Indianapolis in '66'67'68 along with Brabham/Amon/Rindt/Bianchi (:o) Chapman/McLaren/etc etc etc...

So you must be another ol' fart like me ...... and a load of others on here.

Welcome home, mate.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2009, 05:17:31 PM »
So you must be another ol' fart like me ...... and a load of others on here.
Welcome home, mate.
indeed John, will say goodbye to six-0 in february and hello to six-1
hard to believe its been 40 years~
always good to be home :) thanks!
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2009, 11:20:15 PM »
Hi bo.  I get the feeling you are going to fit right in here.  I hope you enjoy the site as much as the rest of us.

On the subject of Honda buyers http://www.f1network.net/boards/read/s169.htm?211,10011233

I have been told that the guy who posted that story is or has a real good source who leaked Honda's livery to some Honda fans a few weeks early last season.

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2009, 11:34:52 PM »
Mr.Roy.. how could one NOT enjoy the site? i've been overwhelmed at the welcoming i received! usually you register at a forum and all you get is an automated acceptance. but this has made me feel real comfortable and am looking forward to discussions during the coming F1 season...
now if we could only get Bernie to come here and listen to some logic as to how F1 could be improved  :o
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline Dare

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2009, 11:56:32 PM »
Bo,how about starting a thread and
sharing your Indy memories with us?

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline bo bruce

« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »
Bo,how about starting a thread and
sharing your Indy memories with us?

ok - done!
wasn't sure where they best belonged, so you can find them at the F1 experiences category.

feel free to move it or re-title it, if necessary
hApPy tRaiLs

Offline Scott

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2009, 02:48:13 AM »
now if we could only get Bernie to come here and listen to some logic as to how F1 could be improved  :o

I have a feeling he lurks around, or maybe someone who works for him.  There are an awful lot of 'guests' watching things, especially when the season heats up.

Welcome Bo - looking forward to your opinions.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline johnbull

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2009, 02:59:24 PM »
usually you register at a forum and all you get is an automated acceptance.

That's because this place is full of layabouts with nothing better to do. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle