collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 177
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Sutil feels mid grid is possible for Force India  (Read 1343 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Sutil feels mid grid is possible for Force India
« on: January 25, 2009, 02:46:41 PM »
These seem very bullish comments, does anyone know if the new FIF1 has turned a wheel yet? 

Still it's good encouraging stuff for Dare and Ali, and at least you know your team will take the start in OZ.

German driver Adrian Sutil believes that the partnership between his Force India team and McLaren Mercedes could help him regularly reach the top ten starting this season.

Force India will be using Mercedes V8 engines this year, in addition to the benefits of technical assistance from McLaren. Both teams will also share the same suppliers for several components.

"I think it will be a great help and a big step," said Sutil. "Maybe we can really go into the top ten and finish a few races in the points. That would be a good step for next year (ie 2009 season). I'm confident."

Sutil, who will beginning his third Formula One season this year, feels he has progressed as a driver: "I'm more experienced now, and I had a very good teammate in Giancarlo (Fisichella), and I could learn quite a lot from him, with all the data. This was good, and also mentally I'm much better now. After two years of F1 you feel better, your self-confidence is higher."

With the new regulations many changes have been brought to the cars, in addition to the introduction of the energy-recovery KERS systems which can be used on a voluntary basis this year before becoming mandatory in 2010.

"I think with the new regulations I had to adapt my driving style," Sutil admits. "The KERS system will be very interesting. For sure it's heavy and driving will be a little bit different, but I think it's a good idea. We can also adjust the front wing while driving, which is also another challenge, and slick tyres is going back to the roots."

Looking forward to the opportunities 2009 will offer, Sutil is optimistic about it all: "I think it will be good. There will be even more work to do while driving, which makes everything more interesting."

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Alianora La Canta

Re: Sutil feels mid grid is possible for Force India
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 08:33:21 PM »
The new FIF1 hasn't turned a wheel yet and won't until the start of March. Force India are deliberately delaying track testing in an effort to optimise the wind-tunnel and computational inputs into the car.

I didn't know there was any doubt over the team starting in Australia.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 09:34:30 PM »
Looks like we are in for some season.  FIF1 in mid-field. BMW with a great car because they started concentrating on it half way through last season.  Honda the same as BMW if they can get on the grid.  Toyota announcing that it was time to win in their launch video.  Renault having decided that the last couple of season were a blip and they will be back to their best.  Red bull and Toro Rosso with an Adrian Newey chassis for the new regs.  Williams with their unique KERS system.  And of course McLaren and Ferrari are still going to be up there.

So either we are going to have the most competitive year in history or most of it is bull.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 01:08:23 PM »

I didn't know there was any doubt over the team starting in Australia.

You are right Ali there has never been any doubt about FIF1 being on the grid in Oz, and I hope the car goes as well as Sutil predicts.  I was referring to the ex Honda team that I have been cheering on in way too many seasons.

I live in hope, foolish as that may be  :fool:  :fool:, that the Ross Brawn car makes it to the grid this year.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 01:10:53 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 02:03:41 PM »
I think we're all with you John - what a shame it would be if Ross couldn't field a car in this year's grid. 
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 03:17:58 PM »
As the deadline nears I haven't heard
many updates on potential buyers.

Any news out there?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle