collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 600
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso - 'Renault don't want me to win!'  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Wizzo

Alonso - 'Renault don't want me to win!'
« on: October 03, 2006, 04:21:07 PM »

Alonso has blasted his own Renault team, claiming they do not want him to win this year’s Formula One world title.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper As, the defending world champion accused Renault of sabotaging his chances so that he does not move to his new team McLaren as a double title-winner.  :nono:

Alonso said: "They wanted us to finish second and third because they do not want me to take the number 'one' to a different team.

"They are not helping me as much as they could."

By finishing second and third in China, Renault re-took the lead from Ferrari in the constructors' championship, and Alonso believes that the team are now more concerned about retaining this title instead of the drivers' crown.

I think he's losing it.......... :fool:

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Alonso - 'Renault don't want me to win!'
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 06:13:52 PM »
 See, my ma in law was right, nothing but a sulky spaniard bleating because he can't hack it, and as for that side by side down the straight. If that had been the ferrari's can you imagine the headlines the next day, their would have been questions asked in the house, it would have gone to the Eu court of human rights, they would probably have been executed for, dare I say it  ( whisper ) cheating. He's lucky he was'nt driving for Williams, he'd have been sacked after he'd won it last year anyway.  :sick:  :'(
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Wizzo

Re: Alonso - 'Renault don't want me to win!'
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 11:44:56 AM »

Alonso has widened his attack on the Renault team by having a pop at Fisichella by criticising his tactics on the Shanghai circuit.

While Ferrari's Jean Todt hinted this week that Fisichella's 'precision driving' on the straights was tantamount to illegal blocking, Alonso attacked Fisichella for overtaking him.

Alonso reportedly told Sport-Informations-Dienst: "In the same situation I don't believe that Massa would have driven past Schumacher."

A Renault spokesman, however, insisted that 33-year-old Fisichella 'drove purely for the team' in the Chinese Grand Prix. And he said of Alonso: "There is no problem at all with the relations between him and the team."

I find this situation very frustrating. F1 drivers should have a winning streak running through their veins and team orders should not be tolerated by the FIA.

If drivers were free to race in the manor they see fit then perhaps we would see a come back of the more exciting races from the 80's. I applaud Fisi for (eventually) overtaking Alonso.

May the fastest man win!

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle