collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 540
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Spa is back!  (Read 4339 times)

Offline Wizzo

Spa is back!
« on: October 12, 2006, 02:46:02 PM »

The Belgian Grand Prix is set to return to the F1 calendar in 2007 after the new organisers of the event and Bernie Ecclestone signed a deal this week.  :yahoo: Spa-Francorchamps was dropped from this year's schedule due to improvements to the circuit not being completed and there was the additional problem of the former promoters being declared bankrupt.

The race was included in the first draft of the 2007 calendar when the FIA released it in late August, with a September 16th date, although it was only a provisional slot subject to approval. Now the circuit upgrade has been confirmed new promoters Spa-Grand Prix and Ecclestone have sealed the contract, at least for next season.

Beyond 2007 Spa is uncertain but negotiations are ongoing in regard to the future of the GP. Reportedly the options are for Spa-Grand Prix to continue to promote the event, for Ecclestone to take over or for the regional government to cancel the race and pay Ecclestone compensation, suggested to be in the region of €17 million.

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Ian

Re: Spa is back!
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2006, 06:03:45 PM »
 :) great news, I love Spa
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline kimi01

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 05:30:15 AM »
thats great news, only the worlds finest drivers win at the worlds most challenging layout.

Offline Slugger

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 07:50:59 PM »
Cool, Spa is a great track to drive round :D

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 08:48:26 PM »

Have you driven round the full GP track Slugger?

"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 07:01:03 PM »
Oh yes and very good it is indeed.

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 07:12:49 PM »

Did you video it? If so, it would be great to see.  :D

Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 07:22:49 PM »
I have a vid of my first time out but its over 200mb i'm just trying to edit it down and squish it...

Offline Slugger

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 08:35:13 PM »
Right, got it down to 35mb. It was my first time out so it's not that fast but you get the idea. It's 3 laps, the 3rd is a cool down lap so prob not worth watching the 3rd.

Erm that quality was crap lol link coming up...

Ok will have to do it this way http://www.trackntune.net/index.php?ind=media it's in the Misc section.

I've made my media section open to guests so you can all have a look, I will change it back to members only in a couple of weeks or something.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 08:58:44 PM by Slugger »

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 10:09:42 PM »

Nice vid Slugger,that's my favorite track
  Monacop being my 2nd favorite
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 07:54:36 AM »

Cool vid Slugger, thanks for that. You certainly have driven round some cool tracks, which one is your favorite?

Wizzo

Offline Slugger

« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 06:35:53 PM »
Cheers

Spa probably is my favourite but i'd quite like to do it again now i'm quicker and have a more forgiving car. Oulton Park, Rockingham International circuit and Cadwell are also very good.

davewilson

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 05:54:26 PM »
Well done Slugger,great video,you have some Clio there!

The Stig

CrazyHorse

« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2007, 05:36:33 PM »
i've been to the belgium GP 3 times, i wouldnt go again, pure rip off, but if you've never been its worth a trip.

Last time i went i had gold 1 tickets only because i didnt want to have to get to the track @ 5am to get a decent view as you have to with general admission but general addy are the best tickets to get - The Bus Stop for the race and eau rouge/ kemmels for qualy - u know when they're doing a good qualy lap cos of the noise the car makes - luv it  :tease:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle