collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 259
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16166 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12998 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Lewis 'wasn't disappointed' to learn Ron was going  (Read 599 times)

Offline Dare

Lewis 'wasn't disappointed' to learn Ron was going
« on: April 18, 2009, 02:48:51 AM »
What little respect I had for Sir Prat which wasn't much is
gone.While I was never a big RD fan I'm shocked  Lewis
would show such lack of respect for the man who made him.
How anyone could  cheer for this ingrate is beyond me.

I can't wait to see who runs to Sir Judas's defence

Lewis 'wasn't disappointed' to learn Ron was going  Planet F1
Friday 17th April 2009

Rumours of growing tension between Lewis Hamilton and Ron Dennis have apparently been vindicated after the World Champion revealed he "wasn't disappointed" to learn that Dennis had stepped down as McLaren CEO.

On Thursday former team boss and McLaren CEO Dennis announced that he would no longer play any role in McLaren's F1 project amidst rumours that his relationship with the Hamilton family had broken down.

When asked in the wake of Friday Practice for the Chinese GP for his reaction to the news of Dennis' exit from F1 after forty years in the sport, Hamilton replied: "I wasn't disappointed. I was surprised, but I had not heard about it. I was just as surprised as the rest of my team," Hamilton said.

"Ron has been a huge force and support in my life, and he still plays a key role in my life. Whether or not he is in the team or not, I think you guys have been writing about it for years that as soon as he gets to a certain stage he will move aside. I guess, I don't know why, he decided to do it now."

Asked if he had spoken to Dennis, Hamilton replied flatly: "No."

But aside from his brief comments on his former boss, Hamilton is opting to keep his own council with regards to other issues plaguing the team. "That's nothing to do with me," he said when asked about Whitmarsh's comments that McLaren need to foster a new relationship with the FIA. "I'm here to race and I have to focus on doing my job. What the team decides is up to them. You should speak to them."

Hamilton's future at McLaren has been subjected to scrutiny since Melbourne but the Stevenage man today insisted he was happy at the team, although he stopped short of making a firm commitment for the future.

"I'm contracted to the team and I'm happy where I am," he added.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle