collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 217
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16165 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12995 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bernie to cancel 2010 British GP  (Read 2788 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Bernie to cancel 2010 British GP
« on: May 12, 2009, 04:58:14 PM »

Rather than making a one year deal with silverstone the dork would prefer us to have no British GP next year, just how sad an old man can he become?   :crazy:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/formula_1/article6269173.ece

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

Re: Bernie to cancel 2010 British GP
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 05:04:57 PM »
What is it that makes Bernie
hate Silverstone so much?

Personally I like the track
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 05:21:25 PM »
He hates Silverstone for the same reason he hates Indy. They actually turn a profit! He thinks the promoters should foot all the bills, but turn every last bit of profit over to him.

I still think the whole Donington deal was to use their failure as an excuse to kill the British GP.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 06:03:16 PM »
I remember Bernie was asked a few years ago when he planned to retire.  He replied that his only hobby was running F1, so why would he retire.

That's what I see here, he has enough money to do whatever he wants, yet all he wants to do is run F1.  If it were to ever become a smooth running machine, then what would he do?

It's like when you put an Earthquake in SimCity because you're bored.  Bernie will tear F1 to the core, just to rebuild it.  What else has he got to do?

To some people it's a life and death sport.  To Bernie it's shits and giggles, and it's not going to change until he has departed.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 06:42:54 PM »
I remember Bernie was asked a few years ago when he planned to retire.  He replied that his only hobby was running F1, so why would he retire.

That's what I see here, he has enough money to do whatever he wants, yet all he wants to do is run F1.  If it were to ever become a smooth running machine, then what would he do?

It's like when you put an Earthquake in SimCity because you're bored.  Bernie will tear F1 to the core, just to rebuild it.  What else has he got to do?

To some people it's a life and death sport.  To Bernie it's shits and giggles, and it's not going to change until he has departed.

You have hit the nail right on the head, shame it's not a coffin nail for the old fart.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 06:48:43 PM »

You have hit the nail right on the head, shame it's not a coffin nail for the old fart.

Maybe he just needs to meet the right lady.

Anyone know if he's into plus sized Canadians?

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 07:36:38 PM »

Gold digger!  :D
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:04 PM »
I have always thought Bernie had a problem with Damon Hill or perhaps the whole BRDA. He has never had F1s best interests at heart. In addition he feels the races should be government supported and GB, US, and Canadian governments won't bite. Notice the company Britain keeps? :fool:

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2009, 07:43:42 PM »

No no... I just want to run FOM ;-)

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2009, 07:50:04 PM »

No no... I just want to run FOM ;-)

That is so devious you're obviously well qualified for the job!
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline johnbull

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2009, 10:08:31 PM »

I still think the whole Donington deal was to use their failure as an excuse to kill the British GP.

I said that from the first day I read about the Donnington deal.
Joe M. Anastasi.
JOHN BULL RACING.   MALTA.
www.johnbullmalta.com

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2009, 11:14:16 PM »

I said that from the first day I read about the Donnington deal.

Formula One has a heritage from racing on old air fields like Silverstone.  Anyone will tell you that going too far from your heritage is asking for disaster.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 06:41:35 AM »
Bernie doesn't care 2p for F1's heritage, he is all about the money. It would be nice to have someone in the FOM or FIA who actually cared about the sport.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Andy B

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 08:37:04 AM »
This coming Sunday I am at Donnington for the BTCC so will report back on the building works and maybe a few pictures. ;)
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline Monty

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 09:12:47 AM »

Jeri you have no chance! He doesn't want a woman with a brain (particularly after getting out-smarted by someone he thought was a dumb blonde).
Donnington looks like a building site but the track was in good shape. Really weird not seeing the bridge anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle