collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 537
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP heros and zeros  (Read 2611 times)

david1275

Re: British GP heros and zeros
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2009, 09:34:46 PM »
david1275, according to Article 30.3 of the Sporting Regulations (the one where Lewis got caught out), simply leaving the track is enough to get the penalty, regardless of mitigating action. On that basis, every driver that race should have received at least one penalty (and Kimi, for example, should have had two simply for his actions on lap 43...). In addition, the stewards broke their own procedures in order to levy the penalty. In combination, this indicates that the FIA were not being entirely proper in their dealings with F1, at least that race.

That may be Ali, and I don't know enough in depth detail about the rule book, or have your knowledge, which I am lead to believe is quite good to say the least, to put up an argument. However the fact remains that I am, and always will be bias toward any judgement that favours my team, and on that day that is the way the rule makers called it. Good enough for me :good:

Offline greener_09

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2009, 11:37:50 PM »
Im backing Ali on this one Dave ill admit Massa had a great season last year and would have been a worthy champ but if it wasnt for the stewards unfairly punishing Lewis every chance they got he would have wrapped up the championship long before the last race. Sorry dude but we're gonna have to agree to disagree on who should be champ.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 12:10:55 AM »
That may be Ali, and I don't know enough in depth detail about the rule book, or have your knowledge, which I am lead to believe is quite good to say the least, to put up an argument. However the fact remains that I am, and always will be bias toward any judgement that favours my team, and on that day that is the way the rule makers  called it. Good enough for me {david1275 - 2 comments ago}

My response is quite simple. If the rule makers don't follow the rules they have made, they cannot expect me to take their decisions as correct. Naturally this has consequences for how I regard the championship. However good Massa's attempt at the 2008 championship was (and it was excellent), the stewarding during 2008 was poor (and I believe it harmed everyone in the long run, including Ferrari).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 07:53:37 AM »
Yeah, I'm with Ali on this one too. The stewards clearly tried to rig the outcome and failed. :nono:

Lonny
Lonny

david1275

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 10:50:17 AM »
When it comes to the rules and there enforcement I have to admit I'm with Ali too. It would be better if the rule makers / enforcers were consistent and fair with all there judgments. I suppose it is like the referee in football, sometimes he gets it right and sometimes wrong, that can mean a team wins or loses. There too the fans are selective with their criticism depending on who the penalty is levied against. I personally will always go with anything that goes Ferrari's way, that is because it makes me feel good when they win, Massa in particular.

I would like to finish by saying that Lewis is a very worthy world champion and is an excellent F1 talent, but damm I'm still smartin' about Brazil '08.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 11:41:50 AM »
When it comes to the rules and there enforcement I have to admit I'm with Ali too. It would be better if the rule makers / enforcers were consistent and fair with all there judgments. I suppose it is like the referee in football, sometimes he gets it right and sometimes wrong, that can mean a team wins or loses. There too the fans are selective with their criticism depending on who the penalty is levied against. I personally will always go with anything that goes Ferrari's way, that is because it makes me feel good when they win, Massa in particular.

I would like to finish by saying that Lewis is a very worthy world champion and is an excellent F1 talent, but damm I'm still smartin' about Brazil '08.

I too agree with Ali about rules being applied incorrectly, if this had not taken place the expectations for Massa to take the title in Brazil could not have existed for anyone. At least that's how I personaly see it.

However since the authorities had made this decision it certainly made Brazil a must watch race for all of us and it certainly had most fans hearts pumping. The scramble at the end again became controversial but I think in the end the correct man was crowned WDC. You are right though David it can hurt like hell when your driver/side loses, it's what makes the sport worth following.

I personally rate Felipe very highly and believe he will win the WDC and will acheive it free from any hint of help from the stewards. :good:

I take the point about a football referee's decision changing the course of a match, however his decision is a pressured quick reaction decision, often with a partialy sighted view of any incident. The race stewards decision was deliberated on for some time with any and all supporting evidence available to them before they made their decision, quite a different thing IMO.

Returning to the original thread my driver of the race at Silverstone has to Massa, simply the best use of the car available by a country mile. Vettel also gets a vote for taking charge and showing he can win without help from the weather.

My biggest Zero has to be the Renaults & McLarens, I know Ferd/Lewis put on a good show for the crowd but how the mighty have fallen.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 11:51:46 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle