collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 545
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP heros and zeros  (Read 2608 times)

Offline Dare

British GP heros and zeros
« on: June 21, 2009, 05:10:26 PM »
Heros

Massa-great run thru the field for
          a almost podium finish

Fisichella-10th ain't bad considering where
              they qualified

Piquet-whenever Piquet beats Alonso he deserves praise

And almost forgot-Red Bull perfect weekend[except for vodka
                         drinking Kimi]for a perfect race result

zeros

Bourdais-makes you wonder how he excelled in Champ Cars

Barrichello-they said it was his race to win.Makes you wonder
               how Button would have fared had he started on the front roll

Nakajima-taking no advantage ofhis good qualifying spot

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Chameleon

Re: British GP heros and zeros
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 05:23:01 PM »

Nakajima-taking no advantage ofhis good qualifying spot

Unfair to Nakajima - he was screwed by two bad pit stops.  Until the first, he had been running at the same pace as the guys in front of him.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 10:07:38 PM by Chameleon »
Never mind me - read http://f1insight.madtv.me.uk/ :D

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 05:30:50 PM »

Nakajima-taking no advantage of his good qualifying spot

Unfair to Nakajima - he was screwed by two bad pit stops.  until the first, he had been running at the same pace as the guys in front of him.

Sorry Cham but it seems Nakajima always finds a way to
screw up his race
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

david1275

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 09:36:21 PM »

a almost podium finish

An excellent run from the man who should be world champion. Don't know what happened to Kimi, he may have just lost interest.

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 04:31:12 AM »

a almost podium finish

An excellent run from the man who should be world champion. Don't know what happened to Kimi, he may have just lost interest.

for the past 12  months mate!

Bravo felipe, but the kudos goes to SV and MW - BRAWN has to be worried by the ease of the RED BULL 1-2 on this high speed track

on this showing RED BULL, sebastian and mark can yet win both Championships
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 09:05:55 AM »
Heroes:

Vettel - I had a feeling he was going to buckle down this time and make sure he didn't screw anything up in the early laps.  Then he just kept pounding out super fast laps to dominate the way Schumi used to.  I'll excuse him for his excessive No. 1 finger salute in Parc Ferme...he's young and doesn't realize how stupid it looked doing it oh, 30-40 times in a minute or so.

Webber - Stayed out of trouble so nobody took his wing off or pushed him onto the grass.  Thought better of passing Rubens before the first round of pit stops...perhaps it cost him a chance at passing his teammate, but somehow I doubt it.  Face it Mark, you are the new DC (but without any wins so far)...meaning you will likely have to wait for wins until your teammate does something really stupid and is nowhere near the front.

Rosberg - Like Webber, glad to see he stayed out of trouble for a change.  Just shows you what a little patience gets you.

Fisi and Massa all get honourable mention for making up places and staying out of trouble.

Zeroes:

Bourdais and Heikki - I don't care who's fault it was...when you are fighting for 17th, pay a little attention, so you have a chance to go for 16th.  Incidentally, one thing about those Champ Cars was that they were almost indestructable compared to F1 cars...Bourdais could get away with a bit of tire rubbing.

BMW/Mclaren - choked again.  'nuff said.  When are they going to put the 3 pointed star on the Brawns so they get a bit of press?

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 12:15:53 PM »
An excellent run from the man who should be world champion.

I think you will find that the actual World Champion would have secured the World Championship much earlier if the FIA had not conspired to rob him of legitimate points.

Heroes
Vettel - Perfect qualifying and race
Massa - solid performance in a car that still lacks balance
Alonso/Hamilton - for proving that wheel to wheel racing is possible at Silverstone

Zeros
my man...Button - not for driving or final position but because he whined about the car and the team after qualifying
Kimi - surely Massa proved where Kimi should have been
Bourdais - would never have made the corner even if he hadn't hit Heikki

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 12:48:36 PM »

Unfair to Nakajima - he was screwed by two bad pit stops.  until the first, he had been running at the same pace as the guys in front of him.

screw up his race

Oh, my mistake, Dare - I should have realized that Kazuki's lousy pit stops at Silverstone were his fault.  And the stuck wheelnut in Turkey.  That is without even mentioning the fact that, until this race, the team has stuck him on a very heavy fuel load every time, thereby consigning him to the midfield.  Finally they give him a light load in qualifying and he sticks it in fifth and holds fourth easily in the first stint of the race.

Yeah, you must be right - it's all Kazoo's fault...

(Pardon the sarcasm but I get tired of having to point out how the Williams team waste Nakajima's talent - and Rosberg's, if it comes to that).

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 01:20:15 PM »
Added Hero : Silverstone! A fine historic track that deserves to stay on the calendar!

Added Zero : Faux TV for it's heavily edited, tape delay coverage.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2009, 01:41:19 PM »

Unfair to Nakajima - he was screwed by two bad pit stops.  until the first, he had been running at the same pace as the guys in front of him.

screw up his race

Oh, my mistake, Dare - I should have realized that Kazuki's lousy pit stops at Silverstone were his fault.  And the stuck wheelnut in Turkey.  That is without even mentioning the fact that, until this race, the team has stuck him on a very heavy fuel load every time, thereby consigning him to the midfield.  Finally they give him a light load in qualifying and he sticks it in fifth and holds fourth easily in the first stint of the race.

Yeah, you must be right - it's all Kazoo's fault...

(Pardon the sarcasm but I get tired of having to point out how the Williams team waste Nakajima's talent - and Rosberg's, if it comes to that).

apology accepted
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:43:37 PM by Dare »

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »
Heroes

Vettel - when the commentator at Silverstone describes a historic car driver's massive lead after six laps in the race following F1 as "Vettel-esque" rather than, say, "Schumacher-esque" or "Senna-esque", you know Sebastian's made it. I have a feeling that when someone does his career review DVD, this race will feature prominently for the same reason as Spa 2002 does in a balanced Michael Schumacher career review.

Fisichella - An incredible start followed by a virtuoso performance to attain and maintain 10th. Despite the team not giving him the good bits until a session and a half after Sutil got them.

Webber - Had Vettel not been there, Webber would have looked astonishing. As it was, he was still impressive.

Zeroes

Max Mosley - for his clueless handling of the latest round of psuedopolitics.

Sutil - Crashed into his team-mate while pitting at the end of FP2 (forcing his team to build a new "new" front wing for him and messing up Fisi's front wing in the process), spun in the race and was completely anonymous thereafter... ...I don't know where his brain was, but it wasn't at Silverstone! (I forgive him the crash in qualifying and the failure to complete the formation lap, as they clearly weren't his fault).

Bourdais - that move was never going to work and so it proved. Besides, Heikki was having a tough enough race without it being made tougher.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

david1275

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 10:16:04 PM »
An excellent run from the man who should be world champion.

I think you will find that the actual World Champion would have secured the World Championship much earlier if the FIA had not conspired to rob him of legitimate points.

I take it you are referring to the incident at Spa 08 when Lewis breach the rules and received the penalty that comes with the offence. Massa was the better all round driver in 2008 (excluding Silverstone) and deserved to be world champion for it, not that I'm still bitter after all this time. ;) He is proving his worth and commitment in a poor car this year by not giving up, unlike his team mate.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2009, 11:40:31 PM »
david1275, according to Article 30.3 of the Sporting Regulations (the one where Lewis got caught out), simply leaving the track is enough to get the penalty, regardless of mitigating action. On that basis, every driver that race should have received at least one penalty (and Kimi, for example, should have had two simply for his actions on lap 43...). In addition, the stewards broke their own procedures in order to levy the penalty. In combination, this indicates that the FIA were not being entirely proper in their dealings with F1, at least that race.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2009, 07:32:04 AM »
I think we can safely assume this was Max getting another lick in. In every other racing series I know of, if you give the position back, you are OK. In NASCAR in particular, Lewis would have been told immediately what to do to stay right of the rules and no Post Race penalties would have been necessary.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Chameleon

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »
It's an old argument.

To return to the point, after reflecting on the British GP for several days amidst the distraction of political issues, I think the drive of the day belonged to Massa.  He did most with the equipment he was provided with and, once again, put his team mate to shame.

As for zeroes, I might as well make a standing nomination for all GPs this year:  Max.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle