collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 624
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Refuelling ban still on for 2010 season  (Read 1935 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Refuelling ban still on for 2010 season
« on: June 27, 2009, 11:05:03 AM »

A refuelling ban will make life interesting at the races, it should also make the pitstops a lot cleaner. I wonder if the top ten cars will still have to qualify with race fuel?

Formula 1's ban on refuelling looks certain to still be introduced next year, AUTOSPORT has learned, despite the sport currently reverting back to the 2009 regulations.

As part of the agreement reached between the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) and the FIA earlier this week, it was agreed that regulation changes set to be introduced for 2010 would be scrapped - with this year's rules being kept on for another season.

Although the reversion of the rules was designed to scrap the introduction of a budget cap for 2010, it also had the knock-on effect of getting rid of changes that had been agreed with teams - like the ban on refuelling.

A FOTA source has confirmed that work is currently underway on what modifications need to be made to the 2010 regulations - with refuelling certain to be one of the issues that is brought up.

The source said: "There will be a few amendments to the rules that need to be agreed unanimously. This will be about refuelling and a few other items, and should be completed in the next few weeks."

Teams have pushed for a ban on refuelling because of the huge cost involved in shipping the pit equipment around the world, and the fact that strategy factors now do little to improve the racing.

Friday, autosport.com

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Refuelling ban still on for 2010 season
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:04:01 PM »
I'd say that a refuelling ban will make races less interesting. No more fuel strategy, no more wondering who's light and who's heavy, just more boring standardization.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:10:10 PM »
I'd say that a refuelling ban will make races less interesting. No more fuel strategy, no more wondering who's light and who's heavy, just more boring standardization.

I'm with you on this Cos!What next tires
that last the entire race so the pole sitter
can coast to a victory
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 04:19:59 PM »
While I agree that taking fuel strategy out of the race will reduce the spectacle, I know that drivers have long asserted that refueling was unnecessarily dangerous.

As for a cost savings... they still need to bring gas and some sort of fueling rig to the track.  Where is the savings here?

Completely out of the box thinking though:  convert to an electric motor with swappable batteries.  Probably a fail because it just doesn't sound like an F1 car... but still, would be a great way to boost research into leading automotive technology.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 04:45:36 PM »
they still need to bring gas and some sort of fueling rig to the track.  Where is the savings here?

Maybe, instead of the computer controlled, high pressure, 3.2 gallon per second rigs they now use, they'll go the NASCAR route and use a big ol' can!

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle