collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 84
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16179 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13022 Posts
John S John S
11296 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Flav to work on keeping fans interested  (Read 784 times)

Offline Dare

Flav to work on keeping fans interested
« on: June 27, 2009, 04:01:59 PM »
How about starting with bringing back the GP's to countries where the
fans appreciate them.Dump Malaysia and the turkey Turkey

Friday 26th June 2009    Planet F1

Renault team boss Flavio Briatore will take on a new role without FOTA as he deals personally with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone to help improve the show.

Speaking during Thursday's FOTA press conference, the organisation's chairman Luca di Montezemolo explained that role that Briatore will now be filling.

"We said since the beginning that we were looking for some priority points and I want to thank the FIA World Motor Sport Council for the very positive meeting and the very constructive attitude towards the interests of F1," said di Montezemolo.

"We will keep the 2009 rules the same for everybody - this is extremely important. We will have stability in F1 at least until the end of 2012. It means no (extra) cost, because with stability you have no cost.

"We also have governance like in the previous years in which the rules come from clear procedure with the F1 Commission. And we will continue as teams, as car manufacturers, to work for important cost reductions as we have already done with success regarding engines and gearboxes.

"Flavio will also be working with the commercial rights holder to improve the show and the interest in the sport."

As for Briatore, the Italian is eager to ensure that Formula One's on-track action keeps fans glued to their seats, avoiding instances such as the Turkish GP where the stands were mainly empty.

"What we wanted is a Formula One," said the Renault boss. "We have achieved what we wanted: an F1 with the best drivers, the best teams, and now we want to work to have a better show, to entertain the people.

"We want to make sure the fans are with us, that they enjoy the fight between the drivers.

"In the last six or seven months there has been a lot of talk about politics and costs, and I don't believe this is a subject the fans like.

"The fans like a show, a race. We need to talk about sport again, and we are happy to achieve this, to work for that."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Jericoke

Re: Flav to work on keeping fans interested
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2009, 04:14:44 PM »
The only way to grow the sport is to get fans in new countries with new races.

As such, a new race every few years, given a chance to grow and develop a fanbase is a good idea, even if it is a little lean for a year or two.

However, running a half dozen races with empty stands just shows the casual fan that no one cares.

New races at new tracks for new fans = good.

Too many unsupported races = bad.

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2009, 04:23:51 PM »
As you say, Dare, put the races where the fans are! Moving into new regions is fine, but use some common sense. As it stands now, the Arabian and Kra peninsulas each have twice as many races as North and South America combined!

Lower the ticket prices. Improve the website. Allow the fans more access.

Put Bernie in a dunk tank for charity!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2009, 04:55:29 PM »
Hey what's the problem with the Turkish GP?

The track is one of the best, it looks great on TV and is at a time, in Europe, that doesn't affect my sleep patterns. Ok not many people actually go to it but how does that affect the rest of the world who watch it on TV.

I also happen to saving up for a holiday to Turkey next year, taking in the GP when I'm there. It's likely to be as cheap, or cheaper, than buying the best package to the British GP and the weather is guaranteed.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2009, 06:12:30 PM »

The track is one of the best, it looks great on TV and is at a time, in Europe, that doesn't affect my sleep patterns. Ok not many people actually go to it but how does that affect the rest of the world who watch it on TV.

I also happen to saving up for a holiday to Turkey next year, taking in the GP when I'm there. It's likely to be as cheap, or cheaper, than buying the best package to the British GP and the weather is guaranteed.

Most races sell you a seat, you can get your own grandstand in Turkey

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2009, 06:24:19 PM »

Most races sell you a seat, you can get your own grandstand in Turkey

Exactly my point Jeri, so Im saving hard! :yahoo:
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle