collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 341
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16168 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13004 Posts
John S John S
11284 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Renault confirm Grosjean  (Read 601 times)

Offline Dare

Renault confirm Grosjean
« on: August 18, 2009, 01:01:05 PM »
Renault confirm Grosjean
Tuesday 18th August 2009

French driver Romain Grosjean will replace Nelson Piquet Jr. behind the wheel of Renault's second car at Sunday's European Grand Prix.

The Formula One team said in a statement that Piquet's departure follows a "mutual agreement that this course of action is in the best interests of both parties."

"We are happy to give Romain the chance to start racing with the team," said Renault managing director Flavio Briatore.

"He is an impressive young talent and we expect him to show his skills driving alongside Fernando as we take an aggressive approach to the second half of the season.

"We would also like to thank Nelson for his contribution during the time he has been with us and wish him all the best for the future."

Grosjean will race alongside Fernando Alonso at the European GP in Valencia, Spain, and for the remainder of the 2009 season.

"I am very proud that the Renault F1 Team has given me the chance to become a race driver," said Grosjean. "I'm looking forward to driving the R29 and helping the team get the best results possible.

"It's also an honor to be Fernando's teammate and to make my Formula One debut alongside a double world champion is especially motivating."

The 23-year-old Grosjean became part of Renault's Driver Development program in 2006 after winning the French Formula Renault title. In 2007, he was Formula 3 Euro Series champion, and in 2008 he won the GP2 Asia Series. This season he has been competing in the GP2 Series with Barwa Addax.

Lucas Di Grassi of Brazil will be Renault's third driver in Valencia, while continuing his GP2 series campaign.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

Re: Renault confirm Grosjean
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 03:53:07 PM »
Now if Renault can figure out a way to quickly organize a demo day to give him some laps a la Ferrari. ;)
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle