collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 556
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Hero's and Zero's Valencia  (Read 1895 times)

Offline Scott

Hero's and Zero's Valencia
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:40:50 PM »
Heros:

Rubens/Brawn - (note I didn't give all the credit to Rubens) for doing what they had to do to win and didn't make a step wrong.

Kimi - ditto

Hamilton - (note I didn't give credit to Mclaren) for doing all he could, but circumstances worked against him.

Zeros:

Mclaren - for making it as difficult as they could have for Hamilton to win this weekend.

Ferrari/Badoer - for putting Badoer in the car/for pretending he is actually fit to drive it and going on about how it is his until Massa returns (I expect he has already received a call, as has Marc Gene)...isn't it clear to them now that it was a MASSIVE mistake?  Are they going to fix it before Spa?

Renault - for giving RBR two crap engines this weekend.  Anyone know how many Vettel has left this season?

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Dare

Re: Hero's and Zero's Valencia
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 06:00:39 PM »
I agree with you Scotty but I'd give honorable mention to
Rosberg and Kubica

I'd also add Nakajima to the zero list,there's just too
much difference between Rosberg and Nakajima

Badoer has to go,borrow Luizzi or give JV a race by race
seat,just do something
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

FW14B

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 06:22:54 PM »
Heros:
Rubens- Pulled out some great lap times and did what he had to do to get in front and win the race.
Hamilton- Should have won the race, nice attitude after the race too given what happened to prevent him win.

Special Mentions- Heikki (as good a race as possible for him probably), Rosberg (another really strong drive), Kimi (the forgotten man perhaps, showing he can still cut it)

Zeros:
Martin Whitmarsh/McLaren- Confess to it, the team messed up- it happens!  Poor mistake though and cost Hamilton the win
Ferrari/Badoer- I don't blame Badoer, I'd probably try to drive if I was offered a chance to race, but he should not have been put into that position.  With all the drivers out there, why did someone like Liuzzi or even Klien get 'loaned' in to race.  Even Piquet Jr would have shown more pace

Special mention- Nakajima- He tries hard, he really does, and can have pace, just not over a race, or rarely in qualifying.  Maybe his time will be up when Nico H finishes the GP2 season.

Offline Dare

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 06:29:01 PM »
I forgot all about the other Nico.He's had F1 experience and
who can forget him leading a race in a Spyker
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

FW14B

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 06:40:12 PM »
I think you meant Markus Winkelhock, who led in that very wet race?

I meant the Williams test driver Nico Hulkenberg, who won the first A1GP season and is top of the GP2 this year.

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 06:44:58 PM »
Your right Williamsfan.What ever happened to Winklehock?

FW14B

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 06:47:52 PM »
He's in the DTM series now.  Kind of a shame as leading a race in a Spyker, even in such bad conditions, shows quite a bit of skill!

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 09:22:07 PM »

I agree with all the Heros mentioned, good work from Lewis, Rubens, Kimi, Nico and even Heikki. I think a special mention for F1FI is in order as they truly were a midfield team this weekend and Sutil showed Fisi how it should be done (he still let me down though, I had high hopes Adrian would get a point).

The biggest zero for me is Valencia itself, can anyone remember anyone overtaking for place on the track (excepting the start). Luckily the drama in the pits and different fuel loads meant it was not the snore fest of last year, but next year with no fuel stops it will be just a carnival procession.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Online Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 03:40:02 AM »

Luckily the drama in the pits and different fuel loads meant it was not the snore fest of last year, but next year with no fuel stops it will be just a carnival procession.

Nonsense, as long as there are tire changes, the teams are free to fall asleep at the switch!

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 07:39:09 AM »

oh my - can TOYOTA fall even more?
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2009, 07:15:26 AM »
Heroes: Rubens and Ross. When Ross told Rubens he needed qualifying laps to win, Rubens did just that. We will never know if Macca's screw-up really cost them the race or not, though I suspect Rubens would have had a go if he had needed to pass to win.
           Kimi did a nice job, made a wizard start with KERS, and never put a wheel wrong that I saw.
           Hammie acted like a grown-up and showed real class. I could end up liking him yet.

Zeroes: Toyota. In practice they were among the runners, in qually they were nowhere. Then Glock had fastest race lap late in the going. What's up with that? They need to find Ross Brawn 2 to organise that team.
            Sorry. I like Jenson, but he made another horrible start, then did nothing in the race. I know he feels the need to be cautious and not be taken out at the first corner, but you can't give up 3 or 4 places either.
            Vettel, anyone who uses the Schumacher swerve at the start gets a zero as far as I'm concerned.

Lonny

Lonny

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2009, 10:36:17 AM »
Heroes: Rubens and Ross. When Ross told Rubens he needed qualifying laps to win, Rubens did just that. We will never know if Macca's screw-up really cost them the race or not, though I suspect Rubens would have had a go if he had needed to pass to win.

I don't think he could have, nor would he have...Rubens isn't known for late braking, and even if there was a turn in Valencia where it was feasible, I doubt Rubens would be the one to make it happen.

Sorry. I like Jenson, but he made another horrible start, then did nothing in the race. I know he feels the need to be cautious and not be taken out at the first corner, but you can't give up 3 or 4 places either.
            Vettel, anyone who uses the Schumacher swerve at the start gets a zero as far as I'm concerned.

Vettel's squeeze almost put Button in the wall, but as you said, he should have just powered on anyhow - lifting certainly cost him 3-4 places.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2009, 12:23:49 PM »
Heroes

Barrichello - Won with style, grace and dignity. Enough said.

Force India - Showed genuine signs of vast improvement, even if not everything went to plan.

Everyone who stayed at the race until the end - 50 degrees Celcius, expensive prices, a very attractive beach and aquatic centre nearby, no overtaking and so few changes of position in the pits that they could be counted on the fingers of both hands.

Zeroes

Badoer - He had grace... ...and not a lot else going for him. I doubt Force India will forget him in a hurry...

Ferrari - What, exactly, were they thinking when they put Badoer in the car? (Note that I have let them off the top spot on account of them helping Raikkonen onto the podium).

Bernie - For letting Valencia stay on the calender for another five years. (Also excused from the top spot, on this occasion because he had the brains to let Suzuka stay for another three years).
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2009, 01:17:49 PM »
Special Super Platinum Edition Zero to Bernie. Valencia gets five more years, but Silverstone, Montreal and Indy lose their races (at least for now) and Spa barely hangs on to one? Insane!
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 01:50:08 PM »
Special Super Platinum Edition Zero to Bernie. Valencia gets five more years, but Silverstone, Montreal and Indy lose their races (at least for now) and Spa barely hangs on to one? Insane!

Amen Cos,if you wanted to see a good action
packed race on a great circuit you should
have skipped Valencia and watched the IRL
race at Sonama Sunday

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle