collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 130
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16178 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13016 Posts
John S John S
11293 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: BMW future not clear  (Read 603 times)

Offline Scott

BMW future not clear
« on: September 01, 2009, 04:15:21 PM »
The worst thing about this story is that two days ago, we found out that I may have a connection in the Sauber team.  The sales rep for a company we purchase most of our F&B for the hotel from has a son who has been a mechanic at Sauber for 8 years.  He told me that he'll give me his son's mobile number if I go to a race, and he'll come and get me and take me back to the paddock to hang out at the BMW motorhomes.  I almost went out and bought a ticket for Monza, but he said that until things are sorted out, he likely can't get away with that sort of thing at the moment.  The good thing is that he now has tons of experience in F1 and will likely be picked up by another team (he said he is one of the primary mechanics on Nick Heidfeld's car).  I hope he goes to Mclaren if he doesn't stay at BMW, so I won't have to buy a new shirt  ;)

From F1 Live:

It is going to take "a few more weeks" to determine whether the Hinwil-based BMW Sauber team has found a saviour for next season and beyond.

In the wake of BMW's announced departure at the end of the season, the German manufacturer recently turned down an offer by minority shareholder and team founder Peter Sauber.

As a consequence, the team could not sign the new Concorde Agreement, and is currently vying for a place on the 2010 grid with several other applicants for the 13th and final position in the field.

Team boss Mario Theissen said recently that the process of looking through multiple expressions of interest in the team has just begun.

"It will take a few more weeks to have a clear view as to whether we will be able to find a successor who really can take the team through the coming years," he said.

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle