collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 570
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Max won't support Vatanen's bid to be FIA Pres  (Read 599 times)

Offline Scott

Max won't support Vatanen's bid to be FIA Pres
« on: September 24, 2009, 01:15:34 PM »
I guess this isn't news really, but Max's response is so childish and condescending.  I guess Max thinks he is a model President.  He's run things so well at the FIA.   :fool: :fool:

From F1 Live:

In a recent lunch meeting, Max Mosley told Ari Vatanen to his face that he would not support the Finn's candidacy to succeed him as FIA president at the forthcoming election.

After 16 years as head of motor sport's Paris-based governing body, 69-year-old Mosley is stepping down and has named the former Ferrari chief Jean Todt as his preferred replacement.

The Briton said Vatanen, a former European parliamentarian and world rally champion, asked him during a lunch meeting if Mosley will publicly support his desire to be FIA president.

According to Autocar, Mosley revealed: "I said 'You have no experience, you have never run anything, you've not been in charge of even the smallest organisation, you have no concept of what it is like. You didn't even run your own rally car, you had a co-driver to do that.'"

The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Max won't support Vatanen's bid to be FIA Pres
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 03:16:35 PM »

I think the out going President of any body that is apolitical, in the general sense, and is holding an election of members must be prevented from giving an endorsement, or withholding an endorsement, for any single candidate who meets the application criteria.

This is first of all good manners but more importantly it ensures a fair election process. Any organisation that fails to consider new ways of working or equal opportunity is storing up trouble for the future.

After all Max, it is a President everyone is seeking to replace not a Craven image of a God. :P

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle