collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 558
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Todt Elected  (Read 2571 times)

Offline cosworth151

Todt Elected
« on: October 23, 2009, 01:24:43 PM »
Former Ferrari team principal Jean Todt has been elected to replace Max Mosley as president of the FIA. The vote was 135 to 49, with 12 votes absent or invalid.

In the words of The Who, "Here's to the new boss, Same as the old boss."

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Hampster

Re: Todt Elected
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 02:43:40 PM »
The ferrari bias continues with the new Sith

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 02:44:43 PM »
Let's face it...this isn't a surprise to any of us. I actually think that Todt could be worse than Max. Max knew that he was useless but didn't care. I think Todt actually believes he knows what he is talking about! He has a reputation for being dictatorial in his management style, he thinks it is reasonable to have his latest 'female companion' (what does a gorgeous young women like you see in the millionaire Jean Todt?) travel with him on FIA expenses and I'm not conviced if he a) knows there is any other team than Ferrari and b) understands that there are other forms of motorsport than F1. :fool:

I hope I'm wrong!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 03:22:14 PM »
A few things to note here:

1)  Jean Todt turned Scuderia Ferrari from a joke into such a dominant F1 team that the fact Kimi has won only once thise year is a shock.  He knows how to run a racing team (as for running an F1 team on a budget, that's a different matter).

2)  In the history of 'hand picked successors', very rarely are the successors a carbon copy of their predecessor.  Jean Todt will not be Max Mosley 2.0.  Obviously too early to see if that's a good thing or a bad thing, but I think it's safe to say most people here would welcome change.

As the head of the world wide motorists' federation, I have no idea how Todt will fare.  He's been working for the FIA on safety, I'd like to think he's earned the spot on the back of that.

In my narrow interest as the man in charge of F1, he certainly has experience that counts.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 03:30:10 PM »

I don't suppose it will make very much difference that Todt got the job over Ari, it's a bit like a taking over a government there is only so many things you can change in the short term, or even in the long term, as most of the full time executive team will still be the same as before.

I think if you asked Obama just what he has been able to change in the US thus far, he would have to say very little.
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2009, 03:48:08 PM »
I don't think it's going to make much of a
change either.Just like in politics we all
have our favorite candidates but in the end
it really doesn't matter who the President
or PM is
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Scott

« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2009, 08:48:28 PM »
Translated to German, it means "Death Elected".  Could be something there.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

FW14B

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2009, 08:37:16 AM »
At least the election is over, we can now but wait to see what happens in the FIA and if anything changes for the better.

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2009, 01:06:21 PM »
Oh great, first of all Max has already offered his 'services' (and I would be wary if Max offered anyone 'services'), but now Todt is saying that there is a place for Schumacher.  As much as I am a fan of Michael as a race driver, I wouldn't trust him out of my sight as an FIA rep.  Not to mention that if you believe Todt has removed all Ferrari ties, we all know that Michael certainly has not - he's even still on contract. 

The mafia at the FIA hasn't changed, it's just getting bigger.

From Planet F1

http://www.planetf1.com/story/0,18954,3213_5647911,00.html
« Last Edit: October 24, 2009, 01:08:51 PM by ScottyD »

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2009, 01:14:54 PM »

Offline raindancer

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2009, 06:44:41 PM »
I agree with almost everyone here. I dont think Jean Todt is good for the sport but I am hoping he will be better than Mad Max.
Honestly I think F1 is in the danger of becoming boring if something isnt done about it. Bernie is destroying F1 increasing ticket prices everywhere and add next year no refueling means it could very turn into utter boredom. Lets see !
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2009, 03:23:36 AM »

TODT as FIA President is a MOSLEY stooge and puppet

now wait for the appointment of max as a "Senior FIA Consultant/Advisor" or some such
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2009, 08:32:43 PM »
Todt will not be a good president of the FIA. In my opionion he will be easily manipulated by you know who, F_____i.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2009, 09:25:59 PM »
I can't see it.  Todt and Ferrari had a falling out don't forget, not to mention the FIA and Ferrari. 

Offline Chris Borg

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2009, 09:30:58 PM »
I hope that you are right in your assumptions. Time will tell. Do not frget that J.T. was put foward by Mad Max...Food for thought.
You Race to win.

Aryton Senna.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle