collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 555
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Would you keep your job if you won the lottery?  (Read 3607 times)

Offline SalinaA

Would you keep your job if you won the lottery?
« on: November 10, 2009, 03:48:46 PM »
After watching the news this morning I have decided playing the lottery is most definitely the way forward!

Have you guys seen how much was won? WOW!!!! Is all I gotta say! Give me a million and I’d be happy let alone 45million!

Can you believe a couple from South Wales won the lottery – not just that but the amount that they won! £45million! What do you do with all that money??? The other half of the money was won by a syndicate of people in Liverpool - they banked about 6.5 million each!

The eerie thing for me is that the couple in Wales are the 7th winners to win the lottery in their region in the last few years!!! Shall we all move there then????

Anyway my big question here is what would you do if you won all that? Would you still work and if so in what kind of jobs?????

Jobs in Sales are great for people who like sales jobs

Online John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Re: Would you keep your job if you won the lottery?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2009, 03:58:19 PM »

I think if I won 45 million quid the only job I would consider is as a boss!  :DD
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Wizzo

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »
The first thing I would do is fly everyone to Monaco for a Wizzo F1 race weekend!  :good:
"No Matter how little money and how few possessions, you own, having a dog makes you rich."

GPWizard F1 Forum https://www.gpwizard.co.uk
:wizard:
Wizzo

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2009, 04:11:59 PM »
I'd lock the door of my hotel and be gone.  I wouldn't even turn off the lights.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2009, 04:27:30 PM »
I've had this job for over 26 years, so I reckon I'd keep it. Remember, here in The States, it's the only way to get health insurance.  ;)

Besides, I'd get in too much trouble with all of that free time.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Ian

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
You beat me to it Wiz, that was gonna be what I would do, ok then, I'd take everyone to the Brazilian GP.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2009, 07:41:16 PM »
And no, I would jack my job in straight away.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

david1275

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2009, 08:47:05 PM »
If I won £45million on the lottery I would take a year (or two) off, but after that I would have to do something to keep the mind active. I would start my own business within the industry I work now, but with the money I had I would buy up the competition and take it to a level were I was no 1 in the business. Oh, and my company car would be red.

I won't worry to much if it doesn't happpen though, after all there really is more to life than money. You only have to take a look around to realise how lucky you are sometimes, family, food, roof over the head. :good:

Offline SalinaA

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2009, 11:51:53 AM »
If I won £45million on the lottery I would take a year (or two) off, but after that I would have to do something to keep the mind active. I would start my own business within the industry I work now, but with the money I had I would buy up the competition and take it to a level were I was no 1 in the business. Oh, and my company car would be red.

I won't worry to much if it doesn't happpen though, after all there really is more to life than money. You only have to take a look around to realise how lucky you are sometimes, family, food, roof over the head. :good:

You are right there David  - most of us are luckier than most with family/food/roof over our heads there easily!

But still it doesnt hurt to think does it?

I would be my own boss too at some stage - after I had finished travelling the world and learning as much as I can hehe!

So Wizzo - are we all included in this weekend or is it privelidged people only? Hehe!
Jobs in Sales are great for people who like sales jobs

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2009, 01:22:09 PM »
If I won I'd just stop showing up for work,they'd
never miss me
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Slugger

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2009, 01:43:20 PM »
I'd lock the door of my hotel and be gone.  I wouldn't even turn off the lights.

You'd lock the door?

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2009, 03:04:11 PM »
Send the keys to the bank and wish them well...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 05:16:09 PM »
I'd quit my job for sure.

I figure after time I'd need to do something to feel productive though.  We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 05:21:28 PM »
A decent sailboat ought to keep me occupied for a few years, along with a couple ski cabins in a couple of chosen resorts, along with a small oceanfront bungalo in the carribean. 

Work?  Who needs to work.  People who get bored not working need to learn how to play better.   :crazy: :crazy:

Offline Dare

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 05:56:24 PM »
A decent sailboat ought to keep me occupied for a few years, along with a couple ski cabins in a couple of chosen resorts, along with a small oceanfront bungalo in the carribean. 

Work?  Who needs to work.  People who get bored not working need to learn how to play better.   :crazy: :crazy:

After thinking more on it I'd buy Scotto's
hotel.To live the glamourous life of a
hotel owner
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle