collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 539
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: HAMILTON FIRES WARNING TO BUTTON  (Read 3020 times)

Offline PoleMan

HAMILTON FIRES WARNING TO BUTTON
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:09:44 PM »
Hamilton said: "You are always working with your team-mate but clearly both of us want to win.

http://www.sportinglife.com/others/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=others/09/12/06/AUTO_Hamilton.html

Offline Jericoke

Re: HAMILTON FIRES WARNING TO BUTTON
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 07:49:55 PM »
I'd like to think that this point in his career, Button knows what he's getting himself in to.  I forsee another 2007, with someone winning the championship as the the McLaren drivers compete amongst themselves.

Offline PoleMan

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 07:58:25 PM »
Nothing compared to the 1990 battles: Senna v Prost

FW14B

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2009, 08:22:20 PM »
I think that is an okay comment.  Both guys are world champions so both obviously want to win to come out on top within the team.  I just hope it works out and there is no infighting, at least none that goes public.

Offline PoleMan

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 09:00:11 PM »
Events in the race dictate the outcome.There are so many unknowns.
Hamilton has all the advantage / knowledge of set up over the years.
Button is a calculated racer and winner who will adapt to the new set up and take on Hamilton in his own backyard

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2009, 12:52:12 AM »
Nothing compared to the 1990 battles: Senna v Prost

I never got to see that.

I'm pretty sure that Hill/Villeneuve didn't match up, lol.

Alonso/Hamilton was good though, and while I wasn't a fan at the time, watching Kimi run up the middle was fantastic.

Offline Monty

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 09:24:03 AM »
You could hardly call the comment 'a warning'.
I don't think anyone was expecting Hamilton to say; 'I'm going to do everything possible to help Jenson keep the title!!'
I think the big unknown will be if Maclaren can prepare the cars to suit both drivers. Lewis likes his car to oversteer, he chucks the car into the corner, expects the front wheels to stick and he deals with what goes on at the rear. Button likes his car to be 'balanced'. The engineering challenges to get one car design to suit both driving styles are massive.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 01:07:52 PM »
You could hardly call the comment 'a warning'.
I don't think anyone was expecting Hamilton to say; 'I'm going to do everything possible to help Jenson keep the title!!'

I think the big unknown will be if Maclaren can prepare the cars to suit both drivers. Lewis likes his car to oversteer, he chucks the car into the corner, expects the front wheels to stick and he deals with what goes on at the rear. Button likes his car to be 'balanced'. The engineering challenges to get one car design to suit both driving styles are massive.

Yeah I agree Monty. The problem for Lewis maybe tyre wear from his more aggressive style, especially with the heavy fuel loads on the car in the early laps. Jenson with his smoother and calculating driving style, more Prost like, may have an advantage until Lewis can adapt his style enough; as he will surely do.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 01:44:46 PM »

With the dwindling car weight, maybe they can work it out so one is better early, and one is better later.

If you have to choose between a car being faster in the first or second half, which would be more beneficial?

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 05:03:28 PM »

If you have to choose between a car being faster in the first or second half, which would be more beneficial?

It's often been more about track position than speed in the final part of the race I think, so a slightly slower car with fewer tyre stops could be an advantage as long as you can gain track position. But then again a quick driver who is forced to take a fairly late tyre stop just might gain enough edge to pass people whose tyres are going off.

It's these unknowns that makes the racing so interesting. Just can't wait to see how the next season is going to shape up.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

david1275

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 08:37:22 PM »
Here's hoping they keep the fighting for the races, and with any luck they will take each out in a few.  >:D

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2009, 09:17:34 AM »
Let me think.....are their names Schumacher, Senna or Prost. Nope! Therefore no chance of them taking each other out!

Offline Dare

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2009, 01:49:45 PM »
I see a unhappy ending for the
Hamilton-Button pairing.But if
Button drives like Heikki all should
be well
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline raindancer

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 09:05:39 AM »
I think with no refueling the first 10 to 15 laps could be critical. Lewis may score with his aggressive style in the initial stages and Button would probably be better at nursing his car. However track position is crucial and if you have it, I dont see why Lewis cant nurse his car too. I doubt if button could suddenly become aggressive like Lewis but lewis can certainly calibrate his driving style.
However lets all wait for the testing to start to see who does what !
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »
However lets all wait for the testing to start to see who does what !

That's no fun.

I think I'll keep spouting off  :-*

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle