collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 123
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16164 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12995 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Whitmarsh: Drivers to be treated equally  (Read 1823 times)

Offline Dare

Whitmarsh: Drivers to be treated equally
« on: December 08, 2009, 08:53:41 PM »

Right just like God created all men  equal

The McLaren hierarchy have once again maintained that Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton will receive equal treatment at the team, with Martin Whitmarsh the one toeing the line this time.

Following World Champion Jenson Button's arrival at McLaren, speculation has been rife as to whether the 29-year-old will receive assistance on par with that of his new team-mate, Lewis Hamilton, who has been with the team in some capacity since he was a teenager.

However, McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh has moved to quash such rumours by categorically stating that the team intend to treat the two drivers equally.

"My job will be to make sure that both Jenson and Lewis not only have the very best tools to do the job, but can also prosper and flourish in an environment that supports them both equally," Whitmarsh told the Official Formula One website.

"Is that an additional challenge for the management in this team? Yes. Do we anticipate it providing us with an additional workload in order for us to successfully achieve equality for two very demanding racers? Inevitably, yes.

"Are we anticipating any difficulties or frustrations from either party? No - because we're confident that we can build a team that will support both drivers equally," he explained.

Whitmarsh reveals that the Woking-based outfit chased Button's signature because they wanted the two best drivers available.

"At McLaren we've always been very direct in our approach to hiring drivers: we've always signed the two very best drivers available - and we make no concessions in that approach," said the 51-year-old.

"Clearly, with Lewis already under contract, we were looking for a team mate who we felt could not only complement the job that Lewis is already doing but who would also be able to challenge individually for the world championship as well as bolstering our efforts to win the constructors' title.

"Simply put, in Jenson we think we have the perfect package."

Whitmarsh believes that despite both drivers aiming to secure their second world title there would be no in-fighting within the team, a characteristic that plagued Fernando Alonso's partnership with Hamilton.

"I think Jenson and Lewis are mature enough and responsible enough to understand the bigger picture: we go racing as a team, and it's the successes we achieve together that build the foundations for any assault on the World Championship.

"I feel confident that you'll see a very solid and responsible driver pairing next year," he added.

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

Re: Whitmarsh: Drivers to be treated equally
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2009, 09:41:49 PM »
And Bernie loves Silverstone too.  :sick:
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2009, 09:57:20 PM »
McLaren didn't make a 'number one driver' in 2007 when it would have won them a WDC.  They won't do it here.  I'm sure that the teams/crews for car one and car two will certainly do their best to see their man on top, but that internal competition is good too, right?

So my question is, does McLaren hold off on new parts until there's enough for both cars?  That poses the risk of an untested 'upgrade' compromising two drivers, not just one.

Mabye they can flip for it.  (And I'm sure Bernie could sell the pay per view rights...)

Offline raindancer

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 09:00:44 AM »
Where have we heard this before ? :DD
Don't Fight Forces ! Use them

Offline littledave

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2009, 04:26:14 PM »
This is the reason Alonso an Hamiton was a royal F**k up. They had the championsihp in the bag but let it go too far and let the red scum in. Defo needs to be managed better this year, but I think we all know that if they are back to the best with the car, a certain driver will probably do the business over the other quite easily. We all know who.

Offline Dare

« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2009, 08:15:31 PM »
This is the reason Alonso an Hamiton was a royal F**k up. They had the championsihp in the bag but let it go too far and let the red scum in. Defo needs to be managed better this year, but I think we all know that if they are back to the best with the car, a certain driver will probably do the business over the other quite easily. We all know who.

red scum,that's a little harsh isn't it?
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Ian

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2009, 10:22:24 PM »
That sounds more like a football fan than an F1 fan does'nt it.  :nono:

Offline Scott

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:31:54 AM »
Careful Little Dave, Big Dave is a big fan of those guys...   :nono: :nono:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline littledave

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 10:52:48 AM »
red scum,that's a little harsh isn't it?

OK it is a bit harsh if your a Ferrari fan. i'm not a Ferrari fan. But my apoligies to any offence caused, which on an F1 site was proably a bit nieve on my part. Slap on the hand for me. :fool:

That sounds more like a football fan than an F1 fan does'nt it.  :nono:

And what's wrong with a football fan? Football is great. Fills the F1 void quite nicely! All year round fun!

Careful Little Dave, Big Dave is a big fan of those guys...   :nono: :nono:

Good for Big Dave! Little Dave isn't. But like I said, bit harsh. Comment retracted. I just like speaking my mind!

Offline Dare

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 01:34:05 PM »
we should all be a little nicer and remember
it's xmas time

that being said I hope the black and silver scum
fail miserably this year ;) :D

Offline littledave

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 03:17:48 PM »
we should all be a little nicer and remember
it's xmas time

that being said I hope the black and silver scum
fail miserably this year ;) :D

:o   :DD

Offline Ian

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2009, 08:54:07 PM »
 :swoon:

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle