collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 602
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Bahrain Heroes and Zeros  (Read 7041 times)

Offline Canada Darrell™

Re: Bahrain Heroes and Zeros
« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2010, 05:31:24 PM »

Bernie banning passes for Physio's so that there are no drivers to interview for Martin on his grid walk.

I don't get this. I have to download Martinès grid walks as we donèt get that portion of the broadcast in Canada but I did not grab this one yet.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

FW14B

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2010, 08:38:40 PM »
That pass ban was farcical.  Perhaps Bernie wants Martin to spend more time interviewing the rich and glamorous who come to the race, or mildly successful British comedians/rock 'stars'.

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 02:48:16 AM »
That pass ban was farcical.  Perhaps Bernie wants Martin to spend more time interviewing the rich and glamorous who come to the race, or mildly successful British comedians/rock 'stars'.

So was this a one race ban or for the entire season? I really look forward to watching Martin walk the grid.

FW14B

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 08:05:58 AM »
I think it is a permanent thing, so the drivers are currently talking of boycotting the grid again in Melbourne.

Offline stealthhaggis

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 08:50:31 AM »
As you said, it's a financial thing and it is a permanent thing too. Shocking decision once again from Bernie. If he thinks we all tune in to listen to celebrates prattle on about 'Their here to support the **insert colour of choice** car' whilst trying to explain that they've followed F1 for years and its not really just a free ride and a useful thing to be seen at for their public persona. If Bernie really thinks we are that stupid, and clearly he does most of the time, then he is once again way off the mark! I am not interested in some overpaid prima donnas and their opinion, well actually now I think of it I am, but it's the ones that drive the cars I'm interesting in hearing from!

Offline Scott

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 10:40:04 AM »
I'm sure the teams would let Brundle into the garages to talk to the drivers, so maybe he will start doing a 'Garage Walk' instead.   >:(
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2010, 12:40:17 PM »
I'm sure the teams would let Brundle into the garages to talk to the drivers, so maybe he will start doing a 'Garage Walk' instead.   >:(

We don't get the grid walk in Canada, so I have no idea what I'm missing.  What if Brundle starts talking to the mechanics?  A behind the scenes look might provide more insight, as well, I'm sure there are a few guys (and gals) back there with enough TV presense to be interesting in their own right... especially since a larger percentage of them speak English than the drivers!

FW14B

« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2010, 01:56:32 PM »
Martin does sometimes talk to mechanics, but he gets his kicks out of (literally) assaulting other tv crews and getting interviews with the drivers! 

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2010, 04:14:32 PM »
Un-freaking-believable.....

Well jericoke, I've been downloading the pre-race show and just in the last year got to see Martin's grid walk and it was the highlight before the race. As Williamsfan said, he practically assaults other TV crews to get his quick interviews.
In North American, we're more accustomed to SpeedTV's Peter Windsor doing the same thing, but nobody does it like Martin.
As with everything I perceive as negative when it comes to F1, I blame Bernie!
What's next? Huge walls around the paddock and charging people for a look through the window? @#$%# I should not have said that, Bernie may be watching.......

Offline Scott

« Reply #39 on: March 20, 2010, 04:19:30 PM »
What's next? Huge walls around the paddock and charging people for a look through the window? @#$%# I should not have said that, Bernie may be watching.......

They already have the huge walls - but no windows...maybe that's another revenue stream Bernie hadn't thought of.   >:D >:D
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle