collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 136
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Alonso F1 salary double nearest competitor  (Read 1483 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Alonso F1 salary double nearest competitor
« on: June 01, 2012, 09:24:00 AM »

He gets more than total of 17 other F1 driver's wages added together.  :o :swoon:   

http://www.thef1times.com/news/display/06127#page_top

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline F1fanaticBD

Re: Alonso F1 salary double nearest competitor
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2012, 10:13:10 AM »
Alonso is making that Ferrari look good, when the team is definitely in turmoil, and in this transitional time, Alonso is saving them a few more blushes. So it is not only for the drive as well as for the branding of Ferrari, the brand and the following that the prancing horse have. I can't see any other driver being able to do that for Ferrari.

What makes me surprise is that, Kovalinen and Timo paid for that much for finishing just above Narain? I feel they are a bit over paid, given that that much of a money going to the development of the car, would have yielded a bit more better result. And this year Torro Rosso and their two drivers have proved that quite a few times. And Force India is getting a hell lot of a bargain for Paul Di Riesta, no wonder Vijay Mallaya tagged him as a "valuable asset".

And given the fact Vettel is two time champion, he should get a raise, but given this year's result he might not be with the same force as he was while in the beginning of the season.
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Monty

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2012, 11:02:01 AM »
I was going to take the second seat at Ferrari but now I realise that I couldn't afford the cut in salary  :DD

If these figures are accurate Paul Di Riesta is massively underpaid. I thought he got more than this when he was in DTM!

Although I have to agree most of what F1fanatic says I do think Kovalinen is worth a good salary.
He didn't disgrace himself at McLaren and I sense that he brings a lot to Caterham including technical input, team building, sponsors and of course, some pretty good driving. If anyone is going to scrape Caterham a point you just have to feel it is probably going to be him.

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2012, 12:23:00 PM »
Yeah, I don't think Kovalainen and Glock's salaries are based solely on last year's results (their contracts were probably multi-year anyhow), but their past few years.  Besides, last year's results cannot be put on the drivers shoulders, but Caterham and Malrussia's.

I think Alonso is way overpaid though.  Although I personally think he is likely the best driver on the grid, I don't think he's worth more than a few percentage points more than Button, Hamilton and Vettel.  Good on him that he can find someone stupid enough to pay him that much, but I sure wouldn't...even if I owned Ferrari.   :fool:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2012, 05:35:00 PM »
I am not against Kovalainen or Timo getting that much, but in new teams, with limited budget, I wonder should they be putting that much only on the driver. Because of ever increasing demand of bringing upgrades to every race and demand for results are so vital for these teams sustainability, I would have put the money on development rather than putting them on driver's checkbook. I really like ti

Well Scott as I told before Alonso get paid for making a pathetic car look reasonably fast, and keep up the hope that they will be dominating once again. Its a part of the Ferrari's PR process and and given the fact that Ferrari relies so much on their success on F1, to keep the Ferrari brand floating they will give anything to the driver who will make them look good. Remember when they hired Kimi they made really astonishing payment for him. So Ferrari can afford to do so, and If I am not wrong, they have been doing it for quite a few time. For the sake of success they have always banked high on the drivers.

Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 07:47:05 PM »
Phillip Morris has been paying the drivers salaries at Ferrari for at least the last 10 years.  You'd probably see Massa and Alonso in Marlboro ads somewhere in Africa or Asia or wherever they still allow tobacco advertising.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle