collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 146
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16182 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13027 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Melbourne Quali Postponed  (Read 865 times)

Offline cosworth151

Melbourne Quali Postponed
« on: March 16, 2013, 07:53:51 AM »
Due to heavy rain, Q2 & Q3 at Melbourne has been postponed until 11:00 am Sunday local time (8:00 pm EDT Saturday night, I think)

The big surprise of the day was Pastor Maldonado not making it out of Q1.

“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

Re: Melbourne Quali Postponed
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 08:53:59 AM »
We had a catering job for 150 people last night so I decided to skip this Q and watch it on BBC.  Sure glad I didn't try to get up for it   :good: :good:
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Williamsfan

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:40:19 AM »
Not that surprised about Maldonado, that car looks a dog out there sadly.  I know it is only race one but the talk from Maldonado has gone from positive to incredibly negative again, talk of how it was 2 years ago. 

vintly

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:23:48 AM »
Not that surprised about Maldonado, that car looks a dog out there sadly.  I know it is only race one but the talk from Maldonado has gone from positive to incredibly negative again, talk of how it was 2 years ago.

Bottas qualified for Q2. I'm thinking Pastor's outburst about the car being awful is partially true, partially frustration at himself for driving poorly, but mainly an error in saying it at all. Even if it's true, he's not done himself or his team any favours by blurting that out, except to give a confidence boost to his rookie team-mate. I hope he has a better race, and that the Williams car is not a complete dog. On the plus side, good start for Bottas.

Williamsfan

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 01:44:53 PM »

Bottas qualified for Q2. I'm thinking Pastor's outburst about the car being awful is partially true, partially frustration at himself for driving poorly, but mainly an error in saying it at all. Even if it's true, he's not done himself or his team any favours by blurting that out, except to give a confidence boost to his rookie team-mate. I hope he has a better race, and that the Williams car is not a complete dog. On the plus side, good start for Bottas.

I hope for the same as well but the team have been way off the pace all weekend and I think their given reasons (not going for speed but to test components) is really a bit weak.  Bottas did get through but you could argue he was lucky that Gutierrez crashed at a fortuitous moment in qualifying (I know, Sutil was slower than Bottas as well).  Anyway, I hope this is all just bad luck and Maldonado showing his Latin temperament and that come tomorrow the FW35 with both drivers will blitz the race.  I imagine Pastor is probably feeling a bit of pressure given events in Venezuela as well, perhaps even if it just him putting it on himself. 

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 02:16:48 PM »
Q1 was a right mess. I lost count of how many front wings were torn off during it. The rain let up just long enough for some teams to switch to intermediates. Than it came down hard again, leaving the cars on inters sliding & spinning like mad.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Irisado

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 10:02:00 PM »
It was fun while it lasted.  It's a novelty to see drivers going off the track these days, so rain, and a challenging circuit without car park run off, actually meant I was excited for the first time in ages.  It's such a pity that the session had to be stopped.

If it's dry tomorrow, we'll just have another predictable and boring Vettel demonstration run.  Keep doing that rain dance everyone :D.
Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle