collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 165
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16181 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
13026 Posts
John S John S
11301 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Disappointment!  (Read 773 times)

TheStig

Disappointment!
« on: October 05, 2008, 07:04:44 PM »
After Kimi Räikkönen admitted his 2008 title defence is now over, F1 chief executive Bernie Ecclestone has declared extreme "disappointment" with the current form of the reigning world champion. “With Kimi I am extremely disappointed,” the 77-year-old billionaire admitted in interview with Germany's Welt am Sonntag newspaper, which was published on Sunday.

28-year-old Räikkönen, despite his sensational late dash to the drivers' crown a year ago, has struggled this season and is now a near-insurmountable 27 points behind the title lead with just three races to run. Ecclestone said: “Kimi is such a fantastic driver. I thought he had lost his motivation, but then he signed for two more years with Ferrari. It is a mystery to me.”

Last year, Bernie tipped Räikkönen's Ferrari teammate Felipe Massa to take out the crown, praising the Brazilian as "stronger, faster and better than a lot of people think". In 2008, with the 27-year-old now a true contender, the F1 supremo adds: “I have to admit that I have supported Felipe for a long time and helped him wherever I can. For so long he has been underestimated. Only recently was he in a position to show his true potential. He now has Kimi firmly within his grasp,” Ecclestone said.

http://www.manipef1.com/news/2008/index.php?id=2244&redirect=1

TheStig

Offline Dare

Re: Disappointment!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2008, 07:28:18 PM »
Bernie need to be disappointed in how the FIA
operates and comment on that.

As far as the drivers go he needs to remain
partial and neither pull for one or rant on
another
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Willy

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2008, 08:07:18 PM »
Bernie's not alone in his disappointment of Kimi this season. He has failed to show up for more then half the GP's this year.

I am a Kimi fan and believe he has amazing talent but for some reason he has lost focus and drive this year.

Of course, the Ferrari fiasco in the pitlane would tend to rattle anyones confidence.

Note to Ferrari.... get rid of the light system and get the lolipop back in the hands of the chief mechanic.

TheStig

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2008, 08:15:44 PM »
Good points Willy,he has not done what was expected,and the pit lane is a fiasco.

TheStig

Offline Steven Roy

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2008, 01:25:24 AM »
Kimi's problem is the car.  It just doesn't suit his driving style and Ferrari have not been able to tweak it to his liking.  Even Domenicali admists that.  For someone who used to race Bernie clearly knows nothing about driving anymore.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle