collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 616
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Briatore says he could return to F1 'after 2012'  (Read 4532 times)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
Briatore says he could return to F1 'after 2012'
« on: April 09, 2010, 11:20:40 AM »

Is Bernie lining Flavio up as a new ringmaster in F1? We all know that at some point Bernie will have to hand things on, is this a way to bring Briatore back in and rehabilitate him in preperation for the big job in say 5 years?

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/briatore-hints-f1-return-possible-in-2012-18956.html

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline cosworth151

Re: Briatore says he could return to F1 'after 2012'
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 12:09:10 PM »
The Roman emperor Tiberius chose Caligula as his successor. Tiberius was a terrible emperor and a horrid human being. As bad as he was, Caligula was much, much worse. He was an absolute monster. Historians have long thought that was the very reason Tiberius chose him. Caligula was so much worse that the people became nostalgic for Tiberius.

Sounds like what Bernie might have in mind with Blabbio.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline Scott

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 12:25:38 PM »
A man who likes his classics.  Wow Cos - I think you absolutely NAILED it!   :good: :good: :good:

Although I (in some ways) would like to see the character that was Flavio back in F1, it scares the you-know-what out of me to think that he could possibly take over for Bernie.   :o :o
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

markb

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 12:29:53 PM »
Why bring Mr.F.B. back and give him so much power after what he did?  Why not try and tempt the much respected Sir Jackie Stewart ? :DntKnw:

Offline Scott

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:34:10 PM »
Jackie and Bernie don't see eye to eye...actually they do, but they don't agree on much.   :D  Bernie wants a mean guy (with phenomenal organizing and negotiating skills) with an iron fist.  Jackie, although having the best interests of the sport in mind, is not that guy.   :(

markb

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 01:09:59 PM »
Ah well, but there must be somebody better than FB...........surely!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2010, 01:58:46 PM »
Ah well, but there must be somebody better than FB...........surely!

Well, if Bernie doesn't put a successor in place, it's going to be a penny pincher from CVC who replaces him.

Briatore might not be the ideal cantidate, but he's not so far off really.  I think that Mallya or Mateschitz would probably be good choices too.  I know a few years ago Jordan was floated as a possible successor.

I would love to see Stewart take over, but I don't see that happening.  Damon Hill has gone toe to toe with Bernie, and basically beat him.  He might be a good choice, and Bernie might even respect that. 

Tony George is also available...

Scuderia-F1

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2010, 02:51:46 PM »
Flavio has done some good things for F1, that´s easy to forget when you have "crash-gate" in mind (witch was BAD for everything and everyone)!

I don´t think he wiould do a bad job at all.

Offline judy

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2010, 05:09:28 PM »
I wouldn't like to see Flavio coming back to F1 and I am not bothered about what Bernie thinks about his good friend.

I can understand why they have so much in common, both made silly and absurd comments most of the time!!!

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2010, 12:02:01 AM »
Unless Flavio plans on becoming a literal vampire, I can't see how he will manage this feat. The FIA gave him a life ban and would appear to be adamant about upholding it even though they've been told they can't be a court of law. 2012 is before Jean Todt is due for re-election and Bernie is unlikely to give up his claim to F1's money before he dies.
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2010, 09:41:14 AM »
Unless Flavio plans on becoming a literal vampire, I can't see how he will manage this feat. The FIA gave him a life ban and would appear to be adamant about upholding it even though they've been told they can't be a court of law. 2012 is before Jean Todt is due for re-election and Bernie is unlikely to give up his claim to F1's money before he dies.

The court decision in Paris set aside the bans for Flavio & Pat, I don't believe any appeal has been lodged to the court decision although the FIA, with much pomp and indignation, vowed it would do just that. Bernie has been reported as saying no good purpose can be served by the FIA appealing the court decision as it will simply bring heaps more bad press on F1 by stirring the whole thing up again. We all know Bernie usually gets his way.

Why 2012 I hear you say? I think this is a clever fudge by Mr Eccelstone, I'm pretty sure he is either working to change the FIA stance to a 3 year ban or will put foward a case that effectively Flavio has served a self imposed 3 year break from the sport when the time comes.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 12:00:29 PM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline judy

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »
Bernie has been reported as saying no good purpose can be served by the FIA appealing the court decision as it will simply bring heaps more bad press on F1 by stirring the whole thing up again. We all know Bernie usually gets his way.

Would Bernie make such comment if the person who won the court case in Paris is Ron Dennis instead of his best friend, Flavio?

Offline Scott

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2010, 11:14:23 AM »
 :DD :DD :DD   :fool: :fool:

Scuderia-F1

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2010, 11:22:17 AM »
 :DntKnw: I would take Flavio before Ron any day!

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2010, 03:59:45 PM »
Blabbio is of an ilk with Bernie. Style over substance. Pretty backgrounds with terrible racing. Pricey, aloof snobbishness. Be gone to both of them!

Bring in Sir Jackie or Tony George!  :yahoo:
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle