collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 560
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: British GP: mark WEBBER now leads sebastian VETTEL in WDC points  (Read 4488 times)

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • Date Registered: Sep 2007
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
  • McLAREN MP4-12C Applied Genius
[from AutoSport.com]

"After Vettel took pole position, Webber was left visibly annoyed in the post-session press conference - and cheekily suggested that at least the team would be 'happy' with the result today.

Horner moved quickly, however, to defend the decision – saying that he felt the outfit had a duty to hand the wing to the driver who was leading the championship. He also suggested that there was no lap time difference between the two designs.

When asked whether the team's move meant Vettel was now officially the favoured driver, Horner said: "I don't think so. I think that you could see today that the performance today between the guys was very, very close and very, very tight.

"Unfortunately we found ourselves in a situation with only one front wing of a certain specification which was slightly different in characteristics. Both drivers tried it yesterday and one had a better preference for it over the other. And it was tried by both again this morning.

"Unfortunately sometimes I have to make a difficult decision – and with only one wing available and the facts to hand that we had, and based on championship position – which was the criteria that we used – that wing went to Sebastian today."

Now that mark leads sebastian in the WDC at 128 points to 121, and in view of HORNER's public statement , of course all the new bits on SV's car will now be immediately fitted to MW's car.

hahaha, I bet it never happens.

What a crock of b/s you are HORNER but remember to never p*ss off an Aussie!

aaaah, sometimes life is so sweet.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 02:56:40 PM by SennaMan »

"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Bruce Elton Foulds - 2010.

Offline Ian

Re: British GP: mark WEBBER now leads sebastian VETTEL in WDC points
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 03:51:27 PM »
I loved Mark's comment on the team radio..."Not bad for the #2 driver."
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Hampster

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 05:33:00 PM »
Great race, Webber dominated, poetic justice to Red Bull Management, not bad for a No.2   :yahoo:

Offline cosworth151

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 08:09:25 PM »
"Oy, Kid, how's that new front wing working out for you?"
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 11:01:33 PM »
I loved Mark's comment on the team radio..."Not bad for the #2 driver."

yeah Ian, seven words brilliantly nailed the point home and revealed mark is being treated as the #2 driver in spite of all the ridiculous protestations from HORNER.
"In a Democracy, civil dissent and even disobedience is a responsibility and a duty. Indeed, the extent dissent is tolerated is in itself a test of a Democracy."

Offline Hampster

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 11:38:33 PM »

:DD

Offline SennaMan

• Triple World Champion
  • 1300 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To SennaMan
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2010, 04:22:25 AM »

Lol cossie - of course MW was at fault for not giving room for SV to pass!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2010, 05:17:28 AM »
I think Vettel did himself in by doing the "Schumacher Swerve" at the start. He left the clean side of the track for the dirty side trying to cut Mark off. If he had just stayed on the preferred line he should have easily beaten Webber to the first corner and been gone. Hoist by his own petard.

Lonny
Lonny

Williamsfan

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2010, 09:34:48 AM »
Vettel does seem to crack when under pressure from Mark, not sure why but it has happened a few times this season now.

Still, I am delighted for Mark, I cannot think if a more deserved win recently!  A real feel good win for me.

Offline Ian

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 09:45:44 AM »
I was praying for Mark to catch Vettel up and lap him. Do you think Mark might have given Vettel a little wave as he went past ?
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 11:04:57 AM »
I think Vettel did himself in by doing the "Schumacher Swerve" at the start. He left the clean side of the track for the dirty side trying to cut Mark off. If he had just stayed on the preferred line he should have easily beaten Webber to the first corner and been gone. Hoist by his own petard.

Lonny

Right on Lonny. :good:  Vettel seemed to think that he could intimidate the Aussie 'tough of the track', no bloody chance - especially after the team put Mark in a street fighting frame of mind. The true champs have always known when to attack and, more importantly when to follow thus allowing for attacks later.

All the recent WDC winners, apart from Kimi, have won the title with either No 1 status or an inferior or underperforming teamate. This year we are seeing that real competition both in and between teams is providing a classic season, the eventual champ will be able to say they really are worthy.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 11:53:15 AM by John S »
Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

Offline Monty

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 11:23:22 AM »
Red Bull seem intent in destroying their own championship hopes. What a ridiculous thing to do to any driver let alone one as successful as Mark.
Vettel certainly ruined his own race.
As a spectator I was overjoyed. If the two Red Bulls had worked together they would have dissappeared into the distance leaving no excitement at the front!

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2010, 01:56:38 PM »
Red Bull seem intent in destroying their own championship hopes. What a ridiculous thing to do to any driver let alone one as successful as Mark.
Vettel certainly ruined his own race.
As a spectator I was overjoyed. If the two Red Bulls had worked together they would have dissappeared into the distance leaving no excitement at the front!

I'm a little shocked at how the team is coming apart at the seams.  Webber was brought in to be a veteran pressence, to show Vettel what a real racer is.  Clearly this isn't working out...

(Look, I don't want to pin all this on Webber... anyone who expects a veteran F1 driver to roll over and let a kid beat them has been watching too many movies.  The fact is a team should be maximising their chances, and letting Vettel watch a champion first hand would probably be better for the lad anyway, rather than this sense of entitlement that Vettel seems to have developed.)

Offline Scott

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »
Vettel seemed to think that he could intimidate the Aussie 'tough of the track', no bloody chance - especially after the team put Mark in a street fighting frame of mind.

I loved Webbers comment in the post race interviews "I was keen to make the first corner mine, and it worked out for me"
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2010, 05:53:00 PM »
Vettel seemed to think that he could intimidate the Aussie 'tough of the track', no bloody chance - especially after the team put Mark in a street fighting frame of mind.

I loved Webbers comment in the post race interviews "I was keen to make the first corner mine, and it worked out for me"

Does anyone suspect that Webber might find himself "Kimi-ed", and end up under contract, but without a race car?

There's plenty of young talent available to Red Bull if they really want to stick it to Webber.

I'd hate to see this happen, but I can't help but see it as a possible conclusion of the hijinks at RBR - especially if they end the season with zero championships.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle