collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 567
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16159 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11276 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: Curious.  (Read 3796 times)

Offline markfarrell9572

Curious.
« on: July 15, 2011, 06:12:51 PM »
Do you follow other forms of motorsport or does it begin and end with F1?

Offline cosworth151

Re: Curious.
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 06:39:43 PM »
Most forms of racing (Le Mans/ALMS, IndyCar, WRC, Rally/Raid, dirt stockers, Sprints, Drag Racing, even NASCAR) Baseball (Cleveland Indians) Hockey (Columbus Blue Jackets) and NFL (Cinci Bengals).  My favorite is F1.
“You can search the world over for the finer things, but you won't find a match for the American road and the creatures that live on it.”
― Bob Dylan

Offline PG_Gabriel

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Same, F1, Indy, GP2, BTCC, Lemans (american and european) WRC, Grand Am, anything with wheels basically.. also Football (Packers, Badgers) Baseball (Brewers) Basketball (Badgers)

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:31:53 PM »
I used to watch every car race that I could find on TV, but since I am married (to the most lovely wife there is!) I only watch F1 (i.e. if I can find the time, by now I am two races behind...  :()
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline Canada Darrell™

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:38:47 PM »
Pretty much exclusively F1 for me these days. Up until about 10 years ago before my daughter got to 2 it was not uncommon for me to spend at least 4 or 5 hours every Sunday watching the NASCAR race with friends. I also watched every CART race but lost a lot of interest after Greg Moore's death in '99 and gave up on them entirely when I couldn't find the races on TV or figure out what they were called on any given year.
Kimi's back! Future double WDC.

Offline Andy B

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2011, 10:56:50 PM »
retty much all motor sport including bikes, when I was in the UK I used to go to a couple of BTCC races every year but F1 is the main attraction I even did two or three trips to Silverstone for the tests up in the BRDC (?) building. I struggle with oval racing in the USA I appreciate its fast and close but as Nikki Lauda said its going round in circles.

If you want to get close to racing action take a trip to the Isle of Man, no not for the TT, for the Southern 100 brilliant road races not time trials and it costs a donation with no set charges. A brilliant week.
Once you have retired every day is a Saturday!

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 03:41:27 AM »
I watch most kinds of racing, though with NASCAR if you catch the first 20 laps and the last pit stop to the end you've seen the most important bits. Each kind of racing has it's own subtleties that can be learned and appreciated. It takes just as much skill and preparation to win a rally as a drag race as an F1 race.

Lonny
Lonny

Offline Wats-on

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 07:04:45 AM »
Do you follow other forms of motorsport or does it begin and end with F1?
And what about yourself?
You ask a question and don't answer it yourself...  :DntKnw:
You're smart if you believe only half of what you're told. You're brilliant if you know what half to believe...

Offline Scott

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 11:44:30 AM »
Used to be able to watch motorsports all weekend - drag racing, CART, F1, NASCAR, Rally, heck I'd even watch mudracing if it was on. 

But now, with geography (I can watch soccer 24/7 - oh boy, yippee  :( , but pretty much any motorsport hailing from North America can't be found on our Swiss TV ), kids, long working hours - I can only justify F1.  I try to catch highlights on the internet when I can, but it makes it a little more difficult to say I 'follow' any other series - couldn't tell you who most of the current drivers are except for F1.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

David

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2011, 12:39:29 PM »
I would watch any motor sport but I would only be fanatical about F1. I wouldn't get the time to follow anything else to the extent I would need to make it enjoyable. I like to get into the bones of a sport and its competitors as it makes it more interesting to watch IMO.

I would also take an interest in the local motorbike road racing scene, and the local rallies here in Northern Ireland and in the South, but not to the extent I did before I had kids. I also love to watch darts, and more recently golf with the rise of local player Rory McIlroy.

Offline Alianora La Canta

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2011, 09:14:29 PM »
F1, MotoGP and whatever sportscar race Fisico is doing this week. Between them they keep me quite busy watching racing. Let's say the second week of June was complicated from a logistical perspective this year...
Percussus resurgio
@lacanta (Twitter)
http://alianoralacanta.tumblr.com (Blog/Tumblr)

Offline Dare

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2011, 09:31:02 PM »
F1 and IRL.I used to like WRC when Speed covered it and
Ladies Bobled and Skeleton when Speed covered it aswell
Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

Offline Willy

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2011, 11:21:17 PM »
F1, Le-mans and Sebring 12 hrs. That's about it.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2011, 01:03:31 AM »
F1 and IRL.I used to like WRC when Speed covered it and
Ladies Bobled and Skeleton when Speed covered it aswell

Come on, you don't like the new all NASCAR, reality, game show SPEED?

Lonny
Lonny

Offline John S

• F1 Legend
  • Date Registered: Jan 2007
  • 11550 credits
  • View Inventory
  • Send Money To John S
  • Max for 3rd title! - to see more Toto apoplexy.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2011, 09:43:28 AM »

I love most motorsport, with a few exceptions like Drag racing, offroad Hill climbing and motorcycle Speedway. Motorsport in general is of big interest, but F1 is my real passion.

I can also while away time when nothing else is on to watch Football (Soccer to you N. American heathens) ;) although I don't follow any team, the occasional Cricket match, Rugby, or even Cycling.

Racing is Life - everything else is just....waiting. (Steve McQueen)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle