collapse

* Welcome

Welcome to GPWizard F1 Forum!

GPWizard is the friendliest F1 forum you'll find anywhere. You have a host of new like-minded friends waiting to welcome you.

So what are you waiting for? Becoming a member is easy and free! Take a couple seconds out of your day and register now. We guarantee, you wont be sorry you did.

Click Here to become a full Member for Free

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Newsletter

GPWizard F1 Forum Newsletter Email address:
Weekly
Fortnightly
Monthly

* Grid Game Deadlines

Qualifying

Race

* Shoutbox

Refresh History
  • Wizzo: :good:
    March 05, 2024, 11:44:46 PM
  • Dare: my chat button is onthe bottom rightWiz
    March 03, 2024, 11:58:24 PM
  • Wizzo: Yes you should see the chat room button at the bottom left of your screen
    March 02, 2024, 11:39:55 PM
  • Open Wheel: Is there a Chat room button or something to access “Race day conversation”
    March 02, 2024, 02:46:02 PM
  • Wizzo: The 2024 Grid Game is here!  :yahoo:
    January 30, 2024, 01:42:23 PM
  • Wizzo: Hey everybody - the shout box is back!  :D
    August 21, 2023, 12:18:19 PM

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 587
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Top Posters

cosworth151 cosworth151
16158 Posts
Scott Scott
14057 Posts
Dare Dare
12990 Posts
John S John S
11275 Posts
Ian Ian
9729 Posts

Author Topic: 'McLaren up Hamilton offer'  (Read 4859 times)

Offline Dare

'McLaren up Hamilton offer'
« on: September 25, 2012, 12:40:53 PM »
From Planet F1

Mclaren is the only team available to give him a shot at
the WDC.Exceptfor his own mistakes he should have 2 WDC's
and without help from Glock he'd have none.

Mclaren has been like a good parent to his spoiled child,use your head
Lewis and stay with your family.

McLaren are determined to hang onto Lewis Hamilton and the team have reportedly increased their contract offer to the 2008 World Champion.

Hamilton, whose deal with the Woking squad runs out at the end of the season, he has been strongly linked with a move to Mercedes with many claiming the German manufacturer are offering him a lot more cash than his current team.

The 27-year-old refused to discuss his future during the Singapore Grand Prix, but he is expected to make an announcement in the coming days.

McLaren's executives were in Singapore over the weekend and media reports suggest they have upped their offer.

Hamilton's current five-year deal is worth about £75million, or £15m a year, but McLaren's initial offer was thought to be well below that while Mercedes were willing to fork out more.

The Guardian though reports that 'McLaren have increased their offer to Lewis Hamilton in an attempt to see off a bid from Mercedes, placing an extra £2m a year on top of the £10m already on the table'.

It adds: 'According to sources at McLaren, the money on offer from Mercedes is not as substantial as the £20m a year that has been reported. It is fair to say that Mercedes, who hold a board meeting on Wednesday, have been prepared to match McLaren's terms, with more money on offer through image rights.'

Meanwhile, Formula One commercial rights holder Bernie Ecclestone believes Hamilton is not sure what to do.

"I don't think Hamilton knows what he will do," the F1 supremo is quoted as saying on ESPNF1.

"These last couple or three races he has been doing very well. Before that, why he was upset I don't know, but he was definitely going to move no matter what. He had made up his mind that he was going. Whether he has changed now a little bit I don't know."

Mark Twain once opined, "it's easier to con someone than to convince them they've been conned."

vintly

Re: 'McLaren up Hamilton offer'
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 12:53:02 PM »
These sorts of figures make me ill, but I guess that's part of the game.

Get on with it Lewis, make a decision and make it quick. 

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 07:53:27 PM »
Lewis for god Sake finish this nonsense, stop playing being fool, sign it and seal it..and help us doing those..
Keep running the fast cars, you will be never out of girls

Offline Scott

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2012, 08:00:28 PM »
I'm a little sorry Mclaren blinked first.  I'd rather see Perez in a Mclaren than a Mercedes or Ferrari.
The Honey Badger doesn't give a...

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2012, 03:37:29 PM »
I'm a little sorry Mclaren blinked first.  I'd rather see Perez in a Mclaren than a Mercedes or Ferrari.

The commentators on Speed think that Perez is a bad fit for McLaren, what with his sponsor, Telmex, being a competitor for their sponsor Vodaphone.

Offline Scott

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2012, 10:37:24 PM »
He won't need to bring money to his next contract is my guess, so it shouldn't matter.

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2012, 03:11:53 AM »
Rumors are about that McLaren may be losing Vodafone as a sponsor, so Telmex might be a better fit than we realize.
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2012, 04:57:52 PM »
Rumors are about that McLaren may be losing Vodafone as a sponsor, so Telmex might be a better fit than we realize.

If Mclaren looses Vodafone as sponsor, I will miss this silver livery with Vodafone logo :(

Offline Ian

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Too true BD, it's a great livery.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »

If Mclaren looses Vodafone as sponsor, I will miss this silver livery with Vodafone logo :(

I still miss West

Offline Ian

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2012, 07:45:41 PM »
Yeh, West was good too Scott.
An aircraft landing is just a controlled crash.

Offline Scott

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2012, 07:46:56 PM »
I thought Vodafone looked better on the Ferrari

Offline Jericoke

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2012, 08:28:31 PM »

I still miss West

McLaren has been pretty good about creating iconic looking cars in F1.  Obviously there's nothing that compares with a red Ferrari for recognition, but the red and white Marlies were very distinct, as has been the silver West and Vodaphone cars.  Will McLaren continue the silver once their ties with Mercedes have been severed? 

If they continue to aim to be a 'British' team, will they try to bring back British Racing Green like Jaguar did?

Offline lkjohnson1950

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2012, 09:35:19 PM »
Technically, they are not a British team. Bruce was from New Zealand and the first cars were orange.

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/pic/323/McLaren-M14A-Cosworth_1.html
Lonny

Offline F1fanaticBD

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:29 PM »
Technically, they are not a British team. Bruce was from New Zealand and the first cars were orange.

When they win they play the national anthem of Britain, I guess that is pretty much British to me. But hats of Lonny for pointing out that it was started and still bears the name of a kiwi.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal
Menu Editor Pro 1.0 | Copyright 2013, Matthew Kerle